V-Dock?? -- What is it and where does it live?

ScoCan

Ran into a reference to the "V-Dock" while doing a bit of research on the electronics, CanBus, OBD, etc.

I've been able to glean that it is a tightly controlled programming dock to allow Mercedes Benz to alter low level settings & vehicle configurations.

How does it fit into the overall system? Is it on the CanBus? Is it a 'virtual dock' accessed through the standard OBD connector, or does it have a separate connector -- if so, where? Any documentation available?

6cyclone6

vdoc is a Mercedes internal program for tracking vehicle configurations. It is no a physical thing installed on a vehicle, but more or less a data base maintained by MB in Germany. For instance if you were to have cruise control added at a dealer,they would contact MB to add MS1 to the data card on vdoc so the proper SCN code can be generated and downloaded into your vehicle so the cruise will now be operable. I am sure someone could give a more in depth explanation but that is a very basic explanation.

wmlog

The V-dock is between the U-dock and the W-dock; just down to the end of the building and around the corner - you can't miss it!

:tongue:

wmlog

vdoc is a Mercedes internal program for tracking vehicle configurations. It is no a physical thing installed on a vehicle, but more or less a data base maintained by MB in Germany. For instance if you were to have cruise control added at a dealer,they would contact MB to add MS1 to the data card on vdoc so the proper SCN code can be generated and downloaded into your vehicle so the cruise will now be operable. I am sure someone could give a more in depth explanation but that is a very basic explanation.
So why can't I have my cornering lights enabled on my 2014 Sprinter? As it is, MB dealers say that they can't be enabled in the US, but nobody really knows why. Canadian Sprinters have them enabled.

:idunno:

co-kid

2021 Sprinter 3500XD, I4 on order
So why can't I have my cornering lights enabled on my 2014 Sprinter? As it is, MB dealers say that they can't be enabled in the US, but nobody really knows why. Canadian Sprinters have them enabled.

:idunno:
Exactly! Very frustrating. I've yet to get a sensible explanation of why the cornering lights aren't enabled to begin with nor why they cannot be enabled now. There are plenty of new vehicles with cornering lights so it clearly isn't a US DOT restriction.

Top Bottom