PDA

View Full Version : 2004 wheel interchange?????

familyman907
04-11-2015, 04:41 AM
So, I have recently bought a 2004, 2500 sprinter long and tall in Las Vegas, and then drove it home to Alaska. Being in Alaska, I prefer to have 2 sets of wheels. One for summer tires,and one for winter. But, there are NO used sprinter parts in Alaska. I'm curious if anyone knows what wheels will interchange on my van. I've read a whole lot about the pro's and con's of different wheels, but it has only served to confuse me more. This is a passenger van, and I won't be loading it down real heavy. I just want to be safe with my family, and wouldn't mind some nice looking wheels in the process. I found a set of take-off's from a 2014, but was told that they wouldn't work even they they seem to be the same 6 hole pattern. I think I'm in love with the sprinters, I just have a lot to learn. Any advice would be appreciated.:thinking:

familyman907
04-11-2015, 05:21 AM
Quick update. As I said, I'm confused and have a lot to learn. My wheels are 5 lug, not 6 as I stated above. But you guys already knew that. Thanks.

Aqua Puttana
04-11-2015, 12:26 PM
There are no direct replacement wheels from other North American vehicles which I've ever seen mentioned. You mentioned nice looking. There are aftermarket replacement alloy wheels available, but they can be a bit pricey.

Good luck. vic

MillionMileSprinter
04-11-2015, 01:09 PM
... or you can go this route: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15530&highlight=touareg
50+K miles in every road/weather condition possible, towing a 4500# camper across the US, loaded down with 14 teenagers, etc. Not a worry or problem, despite warnings in the original post. All I can say is that they have worked great for me.

familyman907
04-11-2015, 04:20 PM
... or you can go this route: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15530&highlight=touareg
50+K miles in every road/weather condition possible, towing a 4500# camper across the US, loaded down with 14 teenagers, etc. Not a worry or problem, despite warnings in the original post. All I can say is that they have worked great for me.

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. I've done that before with a set of chevy wheels, and was fairly happy with the results. Now to the business of seeing what's available in the wheels that you mention here in Alaska.
Thanks again, jeremy:thumbup:

obie
04-11-2015, 04:22 PM
I found some local Cayenne wheels that are 17's. Is there any problem using those?

bc339
04-14-2015, 12:43 AM
There are a number of wheels from different car manufacturers that will fit Sprinters, as long as the bolt pattern, offset, center opening and load range are followed.
Audi, Porsche and VW have wheels that use the same bolt pattern and offset, but the center hole may need to be enlarged.

Bolt pattern 5 X 130
Center Bore 84mm
Offset or ET(German for offset) 60mm

Here is a helpful link for wheels used on G-wagens: http://www.rubicon-trail.com/G-Class/wheels/start.html

Use the guide to help find another style wheel that will fit Sprinters.

Bruce

familyman907
04-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Thanks Bruce.
You guys are a wealth of information. This info. Is very helpful. I'm finding it very difficult to find wheels that will work being in alaska, but all these resources are expanding the possibilities. Thanks again.
Jeremy