European windows on a Sprinter?

Yelapa Papa

Hey, has anyone heard of putting the European style RV windows on a Sprinter van? They are the full pane tip out kind, like (I think) are found on the XP Campers. I am still waiting on my 2014 Sprinter and would really like to add the full opening windows, but I'm not sure about and slope on the body. Also SMB Fresno told me that any windows besides those offered by Mercedes Benz or SMB would void the factory Sprinter warranty, but I'm a little skeptical on that. Thx everyone and Happy Trails!

trz453

Also SMB Fresno told me that any windows besides those offered by Mercedes Benz or SMB would void the factory Sprinter warranty, but I'm a little skeptical on that.
A dealership telling a deliberate lie through omission of information and/or hyperbole? The difference between them and a bucket of scum is the bucket. :lol:

The ONLY thing that gets voided if you or someone else installs your own windows is if rust later appears around the window edge/gasket, then they can say that there is no paint-integrity guarantee around the window itself because it was compromised by the window installation. Everything else, including the rest of the bodywork is covered the same as before. To prevent rust, when the sheetmetal hole for the window gets cut, the exposed steel should be fully sealed with rustproofing paint and allowed to cure/dry before the window frame or gasket goes around/over it.

rb3232

A dealership telling a deliberate lie through omission of information and/or hyperbole? The difference between them and a bucket of scum is the bucket. :lol:

The ONLY thing that gets voided if you or someone else installs your own windows is if rust later appears around the window edge/gasket, then they can say that there is no paint-integrity guarantee around the window itself because it was compromised by the window installation. Everything else, including the rest of the bodywork is covered the same as before. To prevent rust, when the sheetmetal hole for the window gets cut, the exposed steel should be fully sealed with rustproofing paint and allowed to cure/dry before the window frame or gasket goes around/over it.
I would not take the above advice without more research. There are published restrictions by Mercedes. Search this forum. I waited until I was out of warranty.

Top Bottom