Suspension: Supersprings vs Spring Assist Kit

Have a 2014 170" ext/tall I'm converting to a RV/motorcycle hauler. With the bike loaded, I'm approaching GRVW.

I've narrowed it down to either Supersprings OR the Spring Assist Kit from Upscale.

Although I'm fairly sure I could install either myself, the Supersprings look much easier as they are added above the axle.

Anyone have long term experience....more than a year....with either of these products? Opinions?

Anyone install the Spring Assist Kit from Upscale themselves? Degree of difficulty? I have access to a bay with lift and am fairly mechanical.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

Last edited:

Neil2

Neil2
It's interesting that you're in AusTex because while I was down there a family member recommended a old, old suspension shop in S ATX to do my suspension. When I phoned them they weren't interested because they did only custom work for very old autos and had never done anything for a Sprinter. I'm still planning to do the Upscale route for mine.

JorgensenPlumbing

Going to go with Upscale and have spring assist kit, air bag kit and Koni FSD shocks installed.
Going with the Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires has been a huge improvement in the ride.
Can't wait to get everything done.

sluggo

I have a 2007 170" Hi-top outfitted with lots of goodies (heavy things) and two Group 31 batteries mounted behind the rear axle. We used to call it the "Draggin Waggon" because the trailer hitch was always grinding on the roadway and it was a pig on the highway. We installed the Spring Assist Kit and Koni Shocks from Upscale Automotive 3 years ago.

Absolutely fantastic results. The van no longer porpuses or wallows in the wind. The ride is smooth and there is almost no lane deflection from 18-wheeler trucks. It was the best modification we made to our van.

I highly recommend Upscale Automotive. The product delivered exactly what they claimed it would. Great people to work with too.

Bottom line... I would go with the Spring Assist Kit (with Koni shocks).

lindenengineering

I have a 2007 170" Hi-top outfitted with lots of goodies (heavy things) and two Group 31 batteries mounted behind the rear axle. We used to call it the "Draggin Waggon" because the trailer hitch was always grinding on the roadway and it was a pig on the highway. We installed the Spring Assist Kit and Koni Shocks from Upscale Automotive 3 years ago.

Absolutely fantastic results. The van no longer porpuses or wallows in the wind. The ride is smooth and there is almost no lane deflection from 18-wheeler trucks. It was the best modification we made to our van.

I highly recommend Upscale Automotive. The product delivered exactly what they claimed it would. Great people to work with too.

I would second that!
I have tested a few Sprinters with this mod yes no wallowing!:thumbup:

And I would imagine good in the case of a Honda "Brass Clog" in the back!:smilewink:
Or in the case of one Expeditor customer ---full of chilled Louisiana crawdads!:thumbup:
Dennis

Thanks for the input. Have heard nothing but good about Upscale & Spring Assist Kit, just ordered a set for my van.

Before ordering I asked the folks at Upscale to fax me a copy of the installation instructions. The installation seems fairly straight forward. Will post the install in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom