Chrysler Vans, LLC Product and Services Marketing - July 2008

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I came home to a marketing leaflet and a letter from Chrysler Vans, LLC. The pamphlet and letter are promoting the "Freightliner Sprinter Built for Business Program.

(I'm not going to post a copy of the leaflet)

Here's the letter:

Letter.JPG

Now, according to Linked-In (a professional networking website) Howard Teasley is a Dodge Communications Mgr at Chrysler.

Howard askes me - in the letter - to go to a website: http://www.fl-sprinter.com/mytools

Today the website is not quite ready to go... in fact, some of the register and sign on links point right back to the home page. They don't work right now. I also took a screen shot of some guidance from the web developer:

MyToolsWebPage.JPG

For those who can't make out the text in the picture, it says

"This would be a landing page with copy that engages and entices the site visitor to do what you want them to do"

Perhaps it should have also said, "Delete this text, replacing it with your own."

Now, I'm just curious:

Did any "Dodge" owners get something like this?

Did any Wagon purchasers get anything like this?

-Jon

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I also received the mailer, and the site -did- work for me.
Despite the (amusing) "landing page", the "sign in" page did work
(despite me getting my ID number wrong the first time).

The -letter- says "just visit to get the $10 HD card and enter the sweepstakes"
The -site- says "sign up for a Test Drive to get the $10 card and enter the sweepstakes"

So i filled in the (in)appropriate data and that was that.
(i amused my wife by reading her the entire drop-down list of dealers)

I also fought the "build one!" system to attempt to reach a reasonable vehicle.
I also filled in the survey with a "bring back the 118" wheelbase!" plea...

The site was strangely quiet about service points in Washington State
(since Valley FL is no longer a Sprinter dealer)

have fun, good luck on the drawings...
--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
WELL..... Portland (pardon: McCoy) Freightliner just called since i "expressed interesst in getting a Sprinter".

The caller (i didn't catch his name, it wasn't Lloyd) was not *aware* of the mailer.

So i ran him thru the history (with the fact that the only way to -register- for the drawing was to "express interest" in a test drive), and predicted that he'd be getting a number of "already have one, thank you" responses...

--dick

Top Bottom