PDA

View Full Version : Resetting TCM "learned parameters" with DRB III

cloead
04-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I finally was able to get my hands on a DRB III from a rental website. I searched high and low through every menu and was unable to find anything remotely close to "reset learned parameters" or "reset adaptives" or anything like that.

Does anyone have any clues? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bc339
04-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Try contacting skydiver 007. He has a DRB. I haven't seen any recent posts from him, you can try sending a PM.

Bruce

cloead
04-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Well I think I may have been using the wrong cable? But I found it under transmission >> system tests

Reset the learned parameters and HOLY CRAP RSN. Never had it that bad before. Going to drive it for a while tonight to see if it gets any better. Also didn't fix my weird 2-3 shift so I guess I just threw $150 out the window.

Aqua Puttana
04-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Well I think I may have been using the wrong cable? But I found it under transmission >> system tests

Reset the learned parameters and HOLY CRAP RSN. Never had it that bad before. Going to drive it for a while tonight to see if it gets any better. Also didn't fix my weird 2-3 shift so I guess I just threw $150 out the window.
I'm not familiar personally with the TCM adaptation, but I recall mention that after DRBIII TCM reset a road trip with driver, DRBIII operator, and specific speeds/operation routine is required to help the TCM re-learn. It may re-learn over time without that process, but I'm guessing it will take some time.

vic

lindenengineering
04-04-2015, 01:38 PM
For info there is a road test procedure using the scanner to do a full re-learn procedure.

See if the tool has these features since the practice to get full adaption is in three parts with about 5 miles of driving to get correct adaption parameters.
Dennis

cloead
04-05-2015, 11:16 PM
I put about 200 miles on the van today. Seems to be acting a lot better now. It has the quick learn, I might try that too for the heck of it while I have the tool. Can always reset it again.

Thanks guys