Ramps?

twistyroad

If you're looking for a vehicle-mounted, folding model, try this...

history06sm.jpg

history08sm.jpg

It's a Link, model LB20-36-90, has a 1,000-pound capacity, and cost $978 with shipping. And it's aluminum, so it's easy (lightweight) to fold/unfold. There are several other models/sizes/capacities.
The manufacturer's website is here, and includes a list of distributors.
Hope this helps,
Rock

benster

2004 140" low roof cargo
I'd like to hear how those HF ramps work out for you, as I bought & returned that very same ramp setup.

Problem for me was I was planning to usually use half of it, sometimes both sides together. Even though rated 600lbs each, lotta flex just with me on it (165lbs), not to mention me rolling something heavy. There's a taller outside edge (one on each ramp) which is nice to keep stuff from rolling off the side, but stiffens one side of the single ramp. So when using a single ramp, one side flexes more than the other, which leans the ramp surface to one side. The side without the stiff tall edge, actually, so off you go. Very sketchy for me. Also that lip doesn't let them fold as small as I'd expected. Might be nit-picking, but that's my feedback.

Haven't gotten around to finding a better version of this, but plan to since I'm working on setting up my '04 cargo 144" to have modular tool cabinets that I can roll out when I need to haul big loads or convert to camper-ish config that is also in the works.

Hope that helps some.

Hi JR,

Just bought mine today from Harbor Freight and Tools for $129.99....haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I'll update you once I open them up tonight. Here's the link to the ramps on Harbor freights site, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=94057 call you're nearest location and ask them if the have them in stock, most stores do have them in stock in the back warehouse.

AdvTech

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
I am trying to find ramps so I can stuff a classic Mini in the back of the van. I will probably make them.

benster

2004 140" low roof cargo
I am trying to find ramps so I can stuff a classic Mini in the back of the van. I will probably make them.
Have you seen these photos? Not a lot of ramp detail, but might give you ideas & other stuff to think about.

<http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprintervan/photos/browse/dd60>

--Ben

Jrmorgan

Hey guys, I found these ramps at Industrial Metal Supply in Sunland CA. 100 bucks for these 6'6" footers. The have eights and come in different widths. Here is there web site for those who are interested.

They are made from thick diamond plate Aluminum. Each can hold 500 lbs

Industrial Metal Supply Company Co.

I had to cut them down 6 inches to 71 1/2 inches so they would fit standing up in the back of the truck.

ramp0001.JPG

Last edited:

cliffordrican

If you're looking for a vehicle-mounted, folding model, try this...

View attachment 8768

View attachment 8769

It's a Link, model LB20-36-90, has a 1,000-pound capacity, and cost $978 with shipping. And it's aluminum, so it's easy (lightweight) to fold/unfold. There are several other models/sizes/capacities.
The manufacturer's website is here, and includes a list of distributors.
Hope this helps,
Rock

is this ramp bolted down and can it be easyly removed and whats the weight how did u install it srry for so many questions lol i drive an 03 3500 dually truck i also need to get a rim i busted you guys know what they run at the dealership or should i say stealership lol and where i could get another cheep

twistyroad

is this ramp bolted down and can it be easyly removed and whats the weight how did u install it srry for so many questions lol i drive an 03 3500 dually truck i also need to get a rim i busted you guys know what they run at the dealership or should i say stealership lol and where i could get another cheep
The baseplate is bolted to the floor, but the ramp itself is attached to the baseplate with two spring-loaded plungers, so can be easily removed. The aluminum ramp weighs about 50 pounds, the steel baseplate a bit more (that will vary with ramp size, of course). If you go to the Link site and download the installation manual, it has pics.
Rock

Last edited:

Top Bottom