creaking side door

WanderOften

Hello All,

I have a 2008 Sprinter 2500 with about 2500 miles on it and the side door has been creaking and squeeking since the first drive. I tried spraying some silicone on the door catches, the rubber seal and the latch mechanism but that hasn't helped. Any ideas??? It's drivin' me nuts!!! Thanks.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
You're certain it's the door, not the black, plastic step and adjacent plastic molding?

I spent a long time chasing a creaking noise, thinking it was my cargo partition, but ultimately I determined it was the aforementioned plastic molding. I partially mitigated the condition by using some graphite. I still hear the creaking, but it's reduced.

-Jon

WanderOften

As a follow-up... Hopefully someone down the line can use this info. The creaking in my side door was caused by the round receivers at the front of the slider. There are two posts on front edge of the door and these slide into two receiver holes on the body. What's not readily apparent is that the receiver part actually slides into the body and recesses when the door is closed. A little lube on the exterior of this moving hardware took care of the problem. Remarkable that such a small piece of hardware could cause that much noise.

Bill

DieselKid

As a follow-up... Hopefully someone down the line can use this info. The creaking in my side door was caused by the round receivers at the front of the slider. There are two posts on front edge of the door and these slide into two receiver holes on the body. What's not readily apparent is that the receiver part actually slides into the body and recesses when the door is closed. A little lube on the exterior of this moving hardware took care of the problem. Remarkable that such a small piece of hardware could cause that much noise.

Bill

Thanks for letting us know, could you take a pic to help me locate where this exact part is.

Thanks again

Top Bottom