What part is this?

aaronschof

Hi, I recently changed the fuel filter and centre fuel line to pump and between changing i had to remove the other high pressure fuel line just above, being heavy handed i snapped the clip and now when the van is running the high pressure will just blow the fuel line out, where can i find a replacement? thanks!

You can see the new replaced (clear hose) its the one above it thanks again.

Attachments

sailquik

aaron,
The 208 cdi has which engine? OM-611 2.2 liter 4 cylinder inline?
From the 208 CDI we can tell it's an ~80 horsepower version.
The town/city/village of Nelson is in what country?
Send me a PM with your VIN # and every part that went was used to
build your Sprinter at the factory can be easily identified....with a diagram.
Hope this helps,
Roger

pfflyer

Maybe he was just thanking NelsonSprinter and not answering the question of location.

lindenengineering

Well maybe!
Totally off topic ---But the merest mentions of Nelson, Coln, and Burnley Lancashire brings to my mind witches!

Now I am not from this area but the witches of Pendle Hill (seen in the pictures) of Nelson landscape are legendary and dare us say it more famous than the diabolical occurrences that took place later in Salem Mass.

Interested? Read on!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendle_witches

Of course I am reminded of a older guy I worked with as a 15 year old, who's wife was a witch in the modern sense of the word!
Saying "I bet my old missus come over to you young lad as a witch--tart as old rhubarb"!
But when rhubarb is young and tender its very sweet"--"she wuz young rhubarb once upon a tyme!:laughing:
Now I can relate to that in my mature years!:thumbup:
Cheers Dennis

aaronschof

i was just replying to nelson...yes the engine is a 2.2 4 cyclinder i think if that helps...its one of the fuel lines i just dont know which, thanks

sailquik

Aaron,
The problem with getting you an answer on the part numbers you need is that many of us are in the USA.
We have never even seen an OM-611 80 hp 4 cylinder Mercedes engine like you have in your 208 CDI.
We have the ability to search the global parts database and easily find your parts, but to enter the
database we need the VIN#.
That bit of information will open up the MB global parts data base (accessed through epc.startekinfo)
to parts lists and parts diagrams for your particular engine in your specific Sprinter.
Roger

sailquik

Aaron,
If you are hesitant to post your VIN#, send it by private message, or send to the email I posted
a couple of days ago with all the asterisks.
Roger

aaronschof

Hi vin number is
Wdb9026622R652923

Put the key in today and turned in window wiper, then heard a loud bang from the engine bay, and white smoke bellowed out, the intercooler hose was loose and had popped off,what would have caused this? just another problem to now deal with haha thanks

aaronschof

Aaron,
If you are hesitant to post your VIN#, send it by private message, or send to the email I posted
a couple of days ago with all the asterisks.
Roger

Hi vin number is
Wdb9026622R652923

Put the key in today and turned in window wiper, then heard a loud bang from the engine bay, and white smoke bellowed out, the intercooler hose was loose and had popped off,what would have caused this? just another problem to now deal with haha thanks

sailquik

Hi Aaron,
Sorry for the delay!
Been working lots of extra hours on board an aircraft carrier the last couple of days.
Here are a couple of diagrams for the fuel injection pump and the fuel lines located adjacent to the
fuel injection pump.
See if you can locate the find number in the diagram for the hose or fitting you need and I'll pull the
part number for you.
I have the complete OEM Build Data card for your 208 CDI Sprinter build date 4-15-2004.
You have a 208 KA 4x2 3550 mm wheelbase Sprinter with the MQ3 engine option (OM-611 Power Stage 1)
Option MS3 Engine Version Euro III.
I will need a valid return email address to send you the Data Card.

Attachments

Last edited:

aaronschof

Hi Aaron,
Sorry for the delay!
Been working lots of extra hours on board an aircraft carrier the last couple of days.
Here are a couple of diagrams for the fuel injection pump and the fuel lines located adjacent to the
fuel injection pump.
See if you can locate the find number in the diagram for the hose or fitting you need and I'll pull the
part number for you.
I have the complete OEM Build Data card for your 208 CDI Sprinter build date 4-15-2004.
You have a 208 KA 4x2 3550 mm wheelbase Sprinter with the MQ3 engine option (OM-611 Power Stage 1)
Option MS3 Engine Version Euro III.
I will need a valid return email address to send you the Data Card.
thanks sailquik i really appreciate that, I am going to put the van into a mercedes dealer as i think it has multiple problems, i can see oil leaking and i heard a loud bang when i put the key in and white smoke came out of the hood, when i looked the intake pipe had blown off, what could of caused this?

... when i looked the intake pipe had blown off, what could of caused this?
A guess.

It could be as simple as an improperly tightened clamp which loosened over time to finally fail.

Another possibility is that early on there were some NCV3 charge air system hoses which were re-designed.

Good luck. vic

Top Bottom