PDA

View Full Version : ESP ABS lights, not usual issue

Jamescell
03-01-2015, 01:00 AM
I have been dealing with my ABS/ ESP/ tire Lights coming on randomly.. (06 2500 140" highroof) All taillight bulbs are good, no corrosion in the tail light assemblies, new brake light switch, all wheel speed sensors gapped the same and tone rings clean and free of cracks.

Odd thing is, my cruise still works with the lights on, just the same as when they are not.. When they pop on I can not get the gear selector out of park. They come on really randomly. Sometimes I can drive 200 miles without issue, other times the lights appear when I let the van warm up in the driveway.

I feel bad coming on here and asking questions, hopefully I can contribute soon :). Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riskydnb
03-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Check all your fuses under the seat, especially the 3 not in the main row. You may also have a thrust angle sensor issue, too know for sure you will have to use a good scanner or DAD program while the lights are illuminated to find out for sure.

Jamescell
03-01-2015, 11:27 PM
I have no dad and believe they are not available? Any other scanners that can read that stuff available for under $500? I was going to go the Carsoft route but they said it won't work on an 06. This morning I had the lights pop on about 1 mile into my trip, then I stopped for fuel and had to cycle the ignition to get out of park. The next leg was 382miles and no light. How does that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk