U Joint Help

JamesinIllinois

The U joint between the rear drive shaft and the center drive shaft is worn. Is it the rear drive shaft or center that I need to replace? Thanks for your help.

2007 Freightliner Sprinter 170 WB

sailquik

Unless you purchase an aftermarket driveshaft, it pretty much only comes as one piece.
It's 2 sections, but only sold as a complete assembly.
Hope this helps,
Roger

riskydnb

The U joint between the rear drive shaft and the center drive shaft is worn. Is it the rear drive shaft or center that I need to replace? Thanks for your help.

2007 Freightliner Sprinter 170 WB
I Sell aftermarket OEM carrier support bearings which is what you need to rebuild your current driveshaft, call me if interested, 760-622-0148 -Randy

SprinterHelp

2005 Dudge Sprinter 144
I am replacing my rear in 2007, 144. However part, ujoint is wrong size, see replacement in ebay that looks right size. Removing ujoint is easy peezy, have thread asking for cross ref part number on cue now, waiting. The 813 moog in the video does not work nvc model

You can't replace the ujoint in the original shaft. Unless you have a precision machine shop. They need to be pressed in and crimped which is very difficult to get it dead on. Depending how long you want to keep your van. A new section is approximately 1200.00 or you can buy an aftermarket shaft to replace the entire front to back for about same price.
Good luck
Mike

Top Bottom