Heater Blower

TimToolMan

My blower quit working this week and it was very cold. It started making noise a few days before it quit so I new it was on a bad path just to cold out to investigate. Well today temp was finally above 20 so I thought I better fix it before temp takes another dive. Just had to get the 6 inches of snow off the driveway before starting. Wasn't sure how it came out but finally got all the screws out to remove glove box. Then found a latch piece to pry on to turn and pull out motor. Fan turned but really stiff. Sprayed in close to bearings with a silicone lube and kept spinning to work in. Removed motor from plastic housing by pushing out rubber catches. Then also put in a little 3 in 1 oil to help. Seems like it was spinning much better so put back in so hopefully that will keep me warm again for awhile. To keep me from freezing till i got it fixed I put a small propane heater in the
passenger seat to help keep warm and keep windshield from freezing. Once I got I got on highway and up to speed I could get a little heat out but my feet would still freeze. The brushes still look okay so with any luck I should be good for a while.

Top Bottom