Indicator/wiper motor fault.

platinumvip

2005 416 cdi extra lwb
Hi all,

Please can anyone help, I’m struggling to find a solution or can someone point me in the right direction as to what could be wrong with my bus, it’s a 2005 416cdi, when driving it a few days ago I indicated right and the indicator came on but didn’t flash, the indicator stayed on for the rest of the journey, no flash just a constant orange light until I turned the ignition off, at the same time as this fault accured the washer pump started to work, again constant until the ignition was turned off! Left hand indicator works as normal, hazard lights don’t work either!
I suspected that the fault was in the fuse board so I fit one from a friends bus relays included, one that I knew was ok but still the fault exsists.

So with the fusebox dropped down and not fitted to the switch (handlebars) switch but still with all the block connectors fitted I still have my right indicator on (not flashing) wipers going constantly and washer pump going constantly! I’ve tried 3 different fuseboxes, I’ve also stripped 1 of the fuseboxes to clean up the spade terminals.
I’ve tried a separate Earth from battery to engine and from engine to chassis but nothing seems to cure the fault.
I have noticed though that by removing fuse 17 and putting it back in it does cause the indicator light to flicker, sometimes if I do it enough times the light stays off but the wipers still contine! Aargh it’s driving me insane.

Thank you in advance,
Nick.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Seems like the indicator switch has a fault, it could be worn out causing a short to the washer pump. That requires the removal of the steering wheel to check and replace

platinumvip

2005 416 cdi extra lwb
Hi NelsonSprinter and thank you for your reply,

The fault still exsists with the column switch disconnected so I'm thinking the fault is somewhere else ��

Markthelark

Have similar problem with my 311 , but effects both indictors . Sometimes it flashes the lights too !
Have rewired indicators via separate switch in cab for now , but MOT coming up soon.
Have change the indicator stalk , and the relay at the bottom of the fuse board. Pretty sure its a wiring fault , will have a better look when it warms up a little !

Top Bottom