can anyone identify these connectors?

BBlessing

61k happy miles
i had my radio out the other day to install an aux in cable. while i was in there i took this picture. i had the camera prep option on my van, so i know one of these is the camera cable. what i don't know is which one that is, and what the other two are for. i presume one of them is for the gsm antenna, and the other is for the gps antenna. can anyone here help me?

bb

Attachments

BBlessing

61k happy miles
if that is true, then the blue one is for the gps antenna. does anyone now of an adapter cable for say a garmin device? for instance the garmin nuvi 350.

bb

yama

Hi,
Do you have the sound 20 radio? What year sprinter?
I dont know but I'm trying to change from a sound 5 to a sound 20 and those look like the connectors that would fit. I have a 2008
thanks

BBlessing

61k happy miles
yes i have the sound 20. i bought it because i thought i would be able to use my phone with it. boy was i wrong. and the dealer nows nothing about it either. i found out here on this forum that you need to order extra parts to connect your phone. and then there are only a couple of phones that will work with it.

bb

BBlessing

61k happy miles
that looks like the animal. now if i can get a cable to plug that into my wifes garmin, i am in fat city!

bb

qualityair

'09 144" Cargo
that looks like the animal. now if i can get a cable to plug that into my wifes garmin, i am in fat city!

bb

How did the connector work out ?

My '09 is due next month and I'll be replacing the Sound 5 system with a Kenwood 8120 with Garmin GPS built in. I ordered the camera pre-wire and hope to connect with a voyager camera and the factory GSM/GPS antenna.

BBlessing

61k happy miles

My '09 is due next month and I'll be replacing the Sound 5 system with a Kenwood 8120 with Garmin GPS built in. I ordered the camera pre-wire and hope to connect with a voyager camera and the factory GSM/GPS antenna.
haven't been able to find a suitable adapter cable.

bb

D_Rhynard

Duane Rhynard

I purchased a 08 Sprinter with just the radio and camera prep. I went to hook up my Kenwood 8120 GPS to the Sprinters antenna, but my radio prep did not come with the GPS antenna wiring. As it turned out, it did not matter. I used the GPS antenna that came with unit, and installed it directly on top of the metal cage that holds the unit, so it is totally hidden. The antenna “sees” the satellites perfectly through the top of the dash.

Duane

brassarl

2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall
yes i have the sound 20. i bought it because i thought i would be able to use my phone with it. boy was i wrong. and the dealer knows nothing about it either. i found out here on this forum that you need to order extra parts to connect your phone. and then there are only a couple of phones that will work with it.

bb
Hi, seems to me my Nuvi 350 was bluetooth capable? Now I use the 1400 and it is, granted you would not have the auto muting and feeding through your sound system. Before you purchase any electronics; DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Most salespeople just out fumble you if you ask any questions, sometimes they're :thinking: right and sometimes they're :bash: not!

Top Bottom