Sprinter power windows door swap

maciekmaciek19

Hi All,
Just got my first Sprinter LWB (2005) and already need some help.
The door on the van are pretty bad and I can buy nice complete replacements but they have power windows (controls on each door)

My question is can I replace the whole units and connect the electrics fairly easily to make the power windows work?

I have do do the doors anyway and it would be nice to have power windows if possible.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
It can be done, not sure what your experience level is. I am also not sure if your Sprinter was prewired for power windows.

Best thing to do is get the wiring schematic for the power windows and go from there.

You may end up running wiring from the drivers side to the passenger side if there is no prewire.

maciekmaciek19

As for my experience level I'm not too bad at fixing things mechanical and such.
I can do electrics if I have ale to required bits.
Not sure if my van is prewired but shall find out soon.
If you have any leads or tips on what I need to prepare beforehand please post here.
I'm reading that there may be a module required to be placed under the seat and plug in to the harness... Should I get this work done will post the how to to help others as there is not much online material on this topic.

Top Bottom