Audio 15 Aux Input...

djsincla

Somewhat embarrassed to say I did not realize aux input for my Audio 15 was above my steering wheel. Need to build a nice phone mount now... Sweet!

powbass

is this the input,that I was told was in the glove box, hope this input will recieve a backup camera. Do I have to visit a dealer to get an answer? :cheers:

djsincla

is this the input,that I was told was in the glove box, hope this input will recieve a backup camera. Do I have to visit a dealer to get an answer? :cheers:
2011 have an iPod adapter behind the glovebox although the cable could exit anywhere. No backup camera capability on the external inputs but likely if you have an Audio 15, one of the plugs on the rear of the radio will be for backup camera - Mine was purchased installed.

ultane

2011 have an iPod adapter behind the glovebox although the cable could exit anywhere. No backup camera capability on the external inputs but likely if you have an Audio 15, one of the plugs on the rear of the radio will be for backup camera - Mine was purchased installed.
Do you have the Audio 15? Is you backup camera OEM? Or is your backup camera an after market one plugged into the Audio 15?

ultane

OEM Backup camera. Sorry.
I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt,... Is your OEM backup camera plugged into the Audio 15 aux input?

The reason I'm asking is because the new (left over) 2014 LWB ext I4 that I'm looking at has the Audio 15 radio. I was told that a backup camera would not plug into it. Then I saw this thread and realized the salesman might be wrong, getting my hopes up for just plugging a camera into the existing audio 15!

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt,... Is your OEM backup camera plugged into the Audio 15 aux input?

The reason I'm asking is because the new (left over) 2014 LWB ext I4 that I'm looking at has the Audio 15 radio. I was told that a backup camera would not plug into it. Then I saw this thread and realized the salesman might be wrong, getting my hopes up for just plugging a camera into the existing audio 15!
It will plug in (with the correct adaptor), but it won't work until somebody enables in via the CAN bus. Some of the third-party cameras come with plug-in modules to do this. You use it once. You might be able to borrow or rent one.

You can find more information here:

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34948

Top Bottom