Scan Gauge help...Sailquilk?

sunnyside

Got a used SG and can't seem to reset first tank fill up, what is the easy way to do this? I have numbers like 270.. and they count down so slow when pushing the buttons. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

sailquik

Hi sunnyside,
1/ What sort of Sprinter do you have? '02-'06 T1N 5 cylinder OM-612/647; '07-'15 V6 OM-642 ; or '14-'15 I4 PM-651?
2/ Did you get the manuals with the used Scan Gauge II?
If not, you can get them here"
http://www.scangauge.com/support/user-manuals/scangaugeii-user-manuals/
Pay attention to the Scan Gauge II software/firmware version 2.51/4.2/5.0/5.1/6.0
What did you set for the following?
Scan Gauge II Basic Setup Parameters for MB/Dodge/Freightliner
Sprinter: T1N '02-'06 OM-612/647 2.7 liter I5...NCV3 (2007-2014) OM-642 3.0 liter V6...'14-15' I4 OM-651
Setup Parameter Display Options Description
Distance Units DISTANCE= Miles
Fuel Units FUEL UNITS= Gallons
Temperature Units TEMP UNITS= Fahrenheit (˚F)
Pressure Units PRESSURE UNITS= PSI
Engine Size ENGINE SIZE 2.7 liters/3.0 liters/1.1liters (Depending on which engine you have)
Tank Size TANK SIZE 26 gallons
Fuel Type FUEL TYPE DIESELa
Currency Type CURRENCY $

For your first fuel fill up, did you press the lower button (with the red ring around it) until the lower RH button says FillUp?
Take the number of gallons you put in the tank, and set it in the gallons....you can scroll up and down by 0.1 gallon/liter.
Then have a look at the fuel off set percentage on the lower LH reading.
What is the offset number for your Gallons used?
We can sort this out pretty easy I'm sure.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Pay attention to the Scan Gauge II software/firmware version 2.51/4.2/5.0/5.1/6.0
Note that if you mail your unit to the fine folks at Scan Gauge, they will update it with the latest firmware for a very reasonable fee.

sunnyside

Thanks Sailquik, When I try to scroll up and down to enter the gallons, the gallons stay at zero and the fuel off set percentage moves up and down.
Up date: I down loaded the PDF, with this info I think I can set it up, thanks for the link.

Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:

Top Bottom