Help - can't find user preferences

watercamper

I'm new and was playing around with the look of the forum. Changed to Mobile. Now, my user cp doesn't access the page where I can change my preferences. Help! Send my a PM if necessary. Thanks!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
If I remember correctly the mobile version doesn't have the User Control Panel.

EDIT: It has the User Control Panel link, but the settings are limited. Log out and clear your cookies to get out of the mobile version.

watercamper

Cheyenne - I sent you a PM with a screenshot of what I'm getting. There is no login info on this screen. Sikwan - I logged out. This allowed me to access the non-mobile page. But, If I want to edit my user preferences to get out of the Mobile setting, I have to log in which takes me to the Mobile page with no ability to edit my preferences. I'm in a do loop. Any other suggestions?

watercamper

Ok - so I went and cleared all cookies from Google Chrome. Didn't want to do it but did. Still can't get out of the Mobile setup. Any more advice? Is there an admin type person that can help? If not, I'll just start over with a different username.

watercamper

I found a way to contact the website administrators last night and sent them an email. I'm hoping for a reply and an easy fix.

watercamper

So sorry. I didn't realize that Sikwan was an administrator. Here's what I just did that didn't help.

In Chrome, click settings, show advanced settings, under privacy click content settings, all cookies & site data, remove all, done, done.
Under privacy still, click clear browsing data with the Beginning of time highlighted, click clear browsing data.

typed sprinter-source.com in the existing tab (didn't refresh), clicked sprinter forum, entered username & password, click login.

I got the same mobile screen and still can't access the user preferences. What am I doing wrong?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
The administer has been trying to help you and has responded to you in this thread

Sikwan= administer
Until most recently he used to have "administrator" in his description,. Also, he is now in 'invisible mode' too. :shifty:

I suspect this has/may have to do with a certain someone... who goes by the name 'Bat Phone' Merlin. :bash:

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I did the same thing recently (on a Mac running Safari). Unfortunately, I am not sure exactly what I did to get out of it. It was some combination of clearing caches, deleting cookies, and quitting the browser. I am almost certain that the state you are trying to clear is on your computer, and not at the server (if that helps any).

This really is a nasty trap for the unwary. The developers of the group software ought to be made aware of it.

Top Bottom