Small leak above alternator

Nasko1

I seen a leak coming from somewhere above alternator dripping down side of engine side of oil pan.. Looked and cannot locate , where it's coming from any suggestions... ?? Help plz

Thanks Aj

Nasko1

Thanks for the info I will check later today again...
If it's the Timing chain tensioner assy at case is it gonna get worse? Is it something serious?

Thanks

Nasko1

I think I located the leak ..coming from the resonator connecting to turbo would that need replacement or maybe I can try fixing it tomorrow if that's the spot coming out of...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417663269.047981.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417663282.038335.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417663290.841372.jpg

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If it's truly the resonator that's leaking, there is a $30 non-MB replacement that works fairly well (i'm using one).
It's the "Dorman 904-303 Turbo Dampener" available through Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E323DS/ref=ox_ya_os_product

There have been a post or two here in the forum about fixing the existing one with JB Weld and stuff (such as wrappings to add strength), but you still have to take it out (two bolts and a hose clamp, plus a lot of effort pulling out the turbo hose) and put it back. (don't lose the O-ring on the turbo hose)
Much nicer to simply replace it.

--dick

Nasko1

Thanks I will take it apart tomorrow to see what going on there hopefully that's the leak... But if it's the resonator why would it leak like that crack? Or is there a seal in there that goes into turbo that's messed up for it to leak like that?

Nasko1

Dennis you were right it is the turbo feed tube at top leaking from the side that goes into engine ...

How do I pull it out to replace ? Or I have to drive it to the dealer?
Is it hard .. The side going into turbo there is a nut hold it.. But into engine I can't see anything holding it it just goes in... It seems pretty stable idk why the leak

thanks Aj

Top Bottom