Spray foam interior of 2007 cargo van

Phil2007

Hi everyone,

I am trying to learn all the pros and cons of insulating the interior of my 170" WB 2500 high top cargo van prior to doing the conversion. I am becoming more and more convinced that I want to use a closed cell spray foam. Still debating whether to do it myself or pay a contractor. For those who have gone this route what kind of material did you use and where did you purchase it at? And do you know of anyone in the Cincinnati, Ohio area who I could hire to do it? This conversion will be a motorhome and I do plan on installing a diesel generator to run a roof a/c so I would like to have the van well insulated. Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil2007

Thanks.....I will read your post and will do the search and see what I can find. Was just concerned that the application of the foam would cause distortion on the van walls. Just wanted to hear from folks who have done it and get feedback on each product to use.

Phil

Phil2007

Thanks guys for all the help. I did read through all of the information by way of the search function on spray foam insulation. It was very helpful. Sounds like several people have been through the process of doing it yourself and I do think that is the way I will go. I think some prep work to prepare for the overspray is great advice. I also like the advice of foaming the underside of the vehicle/floor.

I did not see anyone complain about the material coming out of the gun so hot that I would have to worry about it distorting the exterior of the van.....can those of you who have used it comfirm that as something I don't have to worry about?

It seems several have used the Veris-Foam system and been pleased. Are the other foams sold actually a different product or are they the Veris-Foam just sold under another name?

After spraying the material and then shaving it down, do you think maybe 30 days or so to let it cure/air out is enough time before covering up the walls/ceiling?

Thanks,
Phil

Jrmorgan

After spraying the material and then shaving it down, do you think maybe 30 days or so to let it cure/air out is enough time before covering up the walls/ceiling?

Thanks,
Phil
I think after an hour you could cover the foam up. The foam cures very fast.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Top Bottom