PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm

EZoilburner
11-03-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm thinking about having an alarm on My sprinter, I use it for work and I want it to be protected, anyone have this done or done themselves? I want vehicle security, the usual bumps or crashed glass, opened door, etc just nothing fancy like remote start since I know I've never needed that before. Please share Your experiences and in case You know an excellent shop/installer in My area please let Me know, I would rather do this myself if it will end up being done by a guy who doesn't know about the fragile sprinter electrical system.

Thanks.

random
11-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Well I'm no electrical genius. But the delicate can/bus (cannibus?) system of sprinter would absolutely deter me from taking it to your average alarm shop and their colorful staff of drug-offender flat rate burnouts.
I was thinking if I had an alarm that I would try to 'seperate' it from the OEM electrical system. You know, have its own circuits and sensors and horn, etc. Sounds simple if all you need are door and motion sensors and not remote start.
J

EZoilburner
11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Well I'm no electrical genius. But the delicate can/bus (cannibus?) system of sprinter would absolutely deter me from taking it to your average alarm shop and their colorful staff of drug-offender flat rate burnouts.
I was thinking if I had an alarm that I would try to 'seperate' it from the OEM electrical system. You know, have its own circuits and sensors and horn, etc. Sounds simple if all you need are door and motion sensors and not remote start.
J

Yes, that is My fear. I've also looked at a few viper alarms and they seem very good but unfortunately it needs a programmer tool to finish the job.

cahaak
11-03-2014, 04:06 PM
When I bought my 2006 it had an alarm installed. It was installed by a regular alarm / stereo installer. The alarm work fine, too well for me because one of the issues is that it rearmed after about 60 seconds so if yo unlocked the door and sent someone out later to get something, they would set off the system. My 16 YO nephew (who worked at best buy in the install group) removed the alarm for me and there were no issues. The only thin the alarm did was add another horn under the hood. The other leads were just clipped into the lights and doors without a problem. So, on 2006 and earlier models, I don't think it is any big deal to install an alarm. I removed mine because it was a PIA and I didn't need it.

Chris

Blue0043
01-26-2015, 03:55 AM
I'm thinking of installing an alarm as well (after being relieved of many of my tools recently). Omegalink has an interface (that does require programing) made for the sprinter; model OLRSBZ2. Very pricey... Remind me again of why a work vehicle won't come standard with one??

One call a/c
01-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Easy install on the 06 van. I did a viper remote start covering the doors and shock sensor. Also handles the skreem bypass as well.

Howboutcha-

EZoilburner
01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
I have not installed it yet but that is what I'm looking at, viper alarm plus I was told they do have some schematics on how to install it for several vehicles, if I find it I will post an update.

One call a/c
01-27-2015, 05:05 AM
URL: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=85695

WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / SPRINTER / 2006 / Remote Start

12volts red (100A) + ignition harness
Starter black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black + ignition harness
Second Ignition black/red + ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory gray/dk. green + ignition harness
Second Accessory N/A
Keysense blue/black - ignition harness
Power Lock white/yellow - sw on dash or CTM, pink plug, pin 7
Notes: Negative pulses on this wire will alternate between lock and unlock.

The CTM (Central Timer Module) is under the driver seat.

If you encounter a problem with the door locks getting out of synch when using this wire, then use the door lock motor wires instead for lock/unlock. See DirectFax document 1700 for wiring information.
Power Unlock same as power lock wire
Lock Motor blue/red 5wi DKP or CTM, pink plug, pin 2
Notes: The CTM (Central Timer Module) is under the driver seat.
Unlock Motor black/red 5wi DKP or CTM, pink plug, pin 3
Notes: The CTM (Central Timer Module) is under the driver seat.
Parking Lights+ gray/black (L), gray/red (R) + fuse box, blk 15 pin plug, pins 4, 6
Notes: Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards dk. green/yellow - SKREEM, pin 10
Notes: The SKREEM (Sentry Key Remote Entry Module) is under the driver seat.
Turn Signal(L) black/white + fuse box, blk 15 pin plug, pin 8
Turn Signal(R) black/dk. green + fuse box, blk 15 pin plug, pin 5
Reverse Light white/red + blk 12 pin plug under cluster, pin 1
Door Trigger brown/white - driver kick, door harness
Dome Supervision common with door trigger wire
Trunk/Hatch Pin brown/white - rear pin switch or interior light
Hood Pin black/blue - pin switch or SSM, brn plug, pin 14
Notes: This wire rests at ground, then goes to an open circuit when the hood is open.

The SSM (Security System Module) is under the driver seat.
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm red - DKP or SSM, brown plug, pin 21
Notes: The SSM (Security System Module) is under the driver seat.
Factory Alarm Disarm black - DKP or SSM, brown plug, pin 20
Notes: The SSM (Security System Module) is under the driver seat.
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer dk. green/yellow ac data link connector, pin 3
Notes: The data link connector is under the driver side dash.
Wait to start
Brake Wire black/red + brake pedal switch
Notes: The brake wire only works with the ignition on.
Parking Brake brown/black - parking brake switch
Horn Trigger black/yellow - horn switch
Notes: The horn trigger only works with the ignition on.
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A

Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402

Howboutcha-

spoke
02-23-2015, 09:23 PM
I just bought a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter Crew Van came with lots of upgrades towing package rear camera locking doors bluetooth radio but no alarm? are they freaking kidding? leave it to Mercedes to play dumb on this one. So now I am stuck with trying to find a can bus system compatible with 2015 this is the only way to use the same key door lock controller. Can you imagine all of the Sprinters sold would love to have this system? I saw a youtube video someone in california did an install of CAN OEM directed electronics but when I looked up the company there is no information on what to buy. I just don't trust local installers in Florida to handle my new van and the dealer salesman does not have any other option. I think there should be a kit from Mercedes Benz Parts for this would that be nice? Anyway does anyone have a solution for this?