Fuel gauge stuck on Empty

mofo989

Hi. My 2010 now shows the Fuel gauge on E-Empty all the time. However, the LOW Fuel/Reserve light does not illuminate. This is slightly different than other people's posts I searched. Thoughts?

WAG from the Internet.............fuel tank sending unit signal wire is compromised ?
To add a bit more feedback, I agree.

It could be so many things. The IC module defaults to Fuel Empty indication if the there is a loss of signal.

vic

showkey

To add a bit more feedback, I agree.

It could be so many things. The IC module defaults to Fuel Empty indication if the there is a loss of signal.

vic
That was my thought and plus it would account for no low fuel light, as the light is signaled on by a certain fuel level actually being measured. Checking the wire from the dash to near the tank would not be too hard, checking the connection and wire on the top of the and and at the sending unit inside the tank gets to be a bit more work.

:thinking:

:popcorn:

Last edited:

lindenengineering

Guys
Two ways to deal with this.
1) With a bi directional suitable scanner access the info system and operate the fuel gauge--Workee or not workee?

If it works then suspect something at fault upstream nearer the tank.
Most often as mentioned its electrical, to determine that drop the fuel tank and expose the sender/gauge unit. Examine the connector for corrosion/continuity and transmission of electrical signal etc.

If there is still no correct signalling remove the fuel cartridge/sender unit and inspect the level sender unit and arm on the cartridge.
If needs be, connect the removed cartridge back to the vehicle harness and operate the level sender by hand and observe the have an assistant observe gauge.
Dennis

Top Bottom