alternator replace Abs esp bass and brake lights on

Kikon

I need help please I just replace my alternator on a 2008 dodge sprinter 3500 .
Last week while driving battery light came on along with ABS ESP BASS and BRAKE, now that I replace the alternator the voltage came back to normal but all lights except for the battery are still on, my fuses are ok brake switch is ok the scanner in a local mechanic said there's a low voltage on ABS Module so I took it to the dealer and they said it may be reprogrammed since I disconnect the battery and I made an appointment for tomorrow, has anyone had the same problem before thanks for any advice

lindenengineering

Before doing anything more get the Y cable checked. Read very important!

I have seen DIY'rs wreck a perfectly good alternator due to bad main battery Y cable being overlooked! Many time the alternator has been replaced when only a Y cable would have fixed it!

First thing to do is take a visual of the cable as it runs under the engine on the daisy chain length between the alternator and starter.

You will often see the inline breaker burnt or exposed by heat if you peel back the shrink wrap.
I change about 10 of these a month.
You should be seeing 13.6 to 14,2 volts when charging.
Dennis

Kikon

Thanks Dennis
I will check the cable tomorrow morning I have read another posts battery related problems and they said the same so I will definitely check that before take it somewhere else thank you much for the tip. I will post an update tomorrow
Eric

Kikon

I just replace the Y cable that comes from the starter it was little rusty the voltage is reading now 14.2 and the lights are still on. A friend of mine put a scaner and it sais abs module low voltage and also ESP not available. I will take it to dealer tomorrow and see if they can reset it or reprogram it. Other thing I notice is my steering wheel has a vibration so the alighment may be bad

Kikon

Ok today I got my truck back there was a pour connection in the abs module, I couldn't imagine the low voltage was in the abs module fortunately it was not something major.
Thanks for the help

Top Bottom