Hi Priced Transit

Seen a transit at my ford dealer, it was the long tall 148 WB, had the ecoboost, total options 3400 dollars, total price was over 42000 dollars. If it would have been a diesel the price would have been close to 47,000 dollars. Isn't that more than a comparable Sprinter? No wonder Transit sales are off to a slow start.

boardster

Transits are typically selling for invoice or less, so several thousand dollars off MSRP. They are having a hard time keeping production up with demand, my build week was this week, yesterday it was pushed back by NINE WEEKS!
A second shift at the Kansas City plant was announced last week, but it won't start until next month.
Many guys that ordered Transits are considering cancelling and going with Sprinters instead because of the unpredictability of the wait.

JP4

Yeah, I was all hot for the Transit, really wanted one, but the price of one optioned out, the long wait, and finally the lack of a crew version has changed my mind. I need a van this winter, so I've decided to buy a Sprinter Crew 170. I think the Ford is going to be a great rig eventually, but I can't wait until they get it all figured out. The other turn off for me was a lack of legroom on the passenger side. Reminded me of my old Econolines. Couldn't straighten my legs with a 36" inseam. Same reason I don't fit in the Promaster.

Top Bottom