AUX battery retrofit help

zen bicycle

ok, I have searched 8 pages for the aux battery retrofit and have found a n MB manual that looks like it was written in crayon and lots of thread on upgrading the batteries to AGM, as well as dead links, but nothing that gives a step by step. Does anybody have a guide to retrofit an aux battery in series. I basically want this to run the stock espar heater and fan from for an extended time periods (2-3days) without having to worry about starting the truck.
These will not be used for house batteries. I plan to keep those completely separate for the time being

Thanks
links are fine if your search skills are better than mine

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
It seems that the high current +12 volt feed to the Espar comes from under the seat. Gonna be a different fuse for different build outs. I think the other feeds from the fan or pump or dash are merely trigger lines that would be fine to feed from the starter battery.
If you want to run the fan, interior lights, cigarette lighter, radio... this stuff is fuse 8 under the steering wheel. Much harder to get a line to.
But the ash tray plug and the dash plug are different wires and the one that isn't fed by the fuse 8 line is fed from a line under the seat. So that again is easy to feed from Aux battery.
I say easy since the standard location for the Aux batt relay is under the driver seat too.
Easy, but I've yet to do it to mine...

Top Bottom