issues with turn signals

pipprv

I have an odd issue with the front turn signals on my 2011 Winnebago View (2010 Sprinter chassis). While driving home the left front turn signal started working intermediately. Depending on what size of bump in the road we hit, it would, or would not work. At the time I attributed it to a failing bulb and kept going since we were almost home. Now that I am home I feel the issue is greater than I originally expected.

I replaced the offending bulb with a new bulb, still failed. I then swapped the entire turn signal assembly (holder and bulb) from the right side to the left, light worked. I then replaced the working bulb with my new bulb, did not work. I then put the original left bulb back in, did not work. I then moved the turn signal assembly back to the right with the original left bulb in it, did not work. I then put the original right bulb back in, did not work. I then put the new bulb in, did not work.

I repeated the same steps with left turn signal bulb holder. Neither bulb holder would work in either position with any of the light bulbs. Now here is the odd part (as if it isn’t already).

I discovered that both bulb holders and all three bulbs work on both sides if I don’t twist them to the right to lock them in. If I just lineup the indexes and press the holder into the headlight assembly the light will work, but if I twist the turn signal assembly 1/4 inch to the right to lock them in they quit working.

I have checked pretty much every fuse/breaker on the vehicle and looked at my ScanGauge to see if it is reporting errors, no love yet.

So the bottom line is no matter what I do I cannot get either front turn signal to work if I secure the turn signal assembly into the headlight assembly.

As this point I am stumped and not sure what to do next, thought I still have no desire head to Mercedes (yet) since I am out of warranty.

Thanks,

David 11VG WA

Top Bottom