EGR have questions????

jslfreestyle

Well I'm about to test on a 2003 a egr block off plate. I cut and machined a thin piece of aluminum to cover the small hole but leave the big intake hole open. I'm doing a long drive across the usa,so this will be a good test. It keeps the factory look for epa and emissions test but just doesn't let in that hot recirculation air ;) if anyone wants one I can ship world wide $25.00 US

EZoilburner

03 2500 158wb HR
Problem is by just blocking the exhaust side of a non working erg valve the ecm still knows it is not working and will not tell the vacuum solenoid that controls the turbo veins to do its job so You will not have a working turbo and therefore less power, not a good situation if on a long trip. There are some options, 1 buy a new egr valve, 2 get a tune to disable the egr valve from a company that sells them, 3 build a egr delete circuit posted in the write up forum, 4 find Your own way to get the turbo to work even with a non functioning EGR valve, I had to do this last one for some time while I was saving money for a new egr valve, got great fuel mileage until I installed the new egr valve. You've got some reading to do, I know I did.

jslfreestyle

I appreciate the heads up ezoil,mine works I just wanted to try it,but then again don't Australian versions not even have the egr? If so,best thing would just get an Australian type ecu and harness. If not then I'll go get the tuner.

Top Bottom