Help finding the microphone

jimandnika

Hello,

Does anyone know where the microphone is located? Because we cannot find it the Becker GPS can never hear what address we are yelling. It is also difficult for people to hear us when use the bluetooth phone feature. If we just knew where the mic is we could speak into it and hopefully have a better experience.

Thanks for your help :)
Jim

Ivessm

2014 Long/Tall BLACK Pass 4Cyl/7sp
JimandNika, I believe you will find it on the roof instrument cluster where the lights are between the front seats. I think it's not a function of the Navi not hearing you but rather its fairly crude means of figuring out what you are saying. I have not used the Nav much but from what I've read it takes some getting used to. Unfortunately it's not the owner training the dog but rather the dog training the owner. :idunno::crazy::idunno:

Good luck.

stew

Hello,

Does anyone know where the microphone is located? Because we cannot find it the Becker GPS can never hear what address we are yelling. It is also difficult for people to hear us when use the bluetooth phone feature. If we just knew where the mic is we could speak into it and hopefully have a better experience.

Thanks for your help :)
Jim
By the title I thought this thread was going to about the microphone which the ECM uses to know whether we're saying bad things about MB. Negative comments result in the ECM setting LHM.

We always speak well of Mother Mercedes while inside our Sprinter so as to encourage positive re-enforcement. A Sprinter can be a vindictive b*tch at times. vic

jimandnika

Well, alright then! :) We will try to speak (yell) in that direction. We will also try to speak slowly and ensure that our enunciation is correct. Thank you for the advice.

jimandnika

Jim,
Stew has it right.
I added a MB hands free adapter (on the drivers side sun visor) that seems to help quite a bit.
http://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-Benz-Portable-Hands-Free-Bluetooth-Connectivity/dp/B00I3O24WM
But most people I talk with while driving prefer that I call them back on my Bluetooth headset which synchs up with
my iPhone 5.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201117175361?lpid=82
Hope this helps,
Roger
Thanks for the links. We will use this is as a back-up plan if training fails :)

Top Bottom