2010 sprinter #16 fuse blow

hvac708

My sprinter van will not start. Found a blown fuse #16 at the fuse panel under the steering wheel. I replaced the fuse and once I turn the key to the #2 position it blows. Anyone had this problem before. Thanks in advance.

showkey

Need more information ...........

What does the cover of the fuse box or the owners manual say is on # 16 ?

There is a direct short or over current situation on the circuit.

Cvollmar

Check to see if the Exhaust pipe has broken at the flex pipe just below the DPF. The pipes have a tendency to break there which in turn melts the wiring harness causing the fuse to blow. I have had 5-6 of them have this problem. Also looking at the harness it will not look melted but the wires inside do melt.

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Not to mention the adblue injection valve, adblue injection line and upstream NOX sensor .... yeah gotta love the northern regions.

Carl

hvac708

Need more information ...........

What does the cover of the fuse box or the owners manual say is on # 16 ?

There is a direct short or over current situation on the circuit.
Hello.. I believe its for T87 1. I found my flex connector on my exhaust system broke off, not sure if that might have something to do. Thanks!!

showkey

Hello.. I believe its for T87 1. I found my flex connector on my exhaust system broke off, not sure if that might have something to do. Thanks!!

Sounds like posting # 3 and 4 nailed it.......melted wires due to the flex connector:thumbup:

hvac708

Check to see if the Exhaust pipe has broken at the flex pipe just below the DPF. The pipes have a tendency to break there which in turn melts the wiring harness causing the fuse to blow. I have had 5-6 of them have this problem. Also looking at the harness it will not look melted but the wires inside do melt.
That was the problem. Thanks for your help and expertise!! I would of never found it without your help.:thumbup:

Commandyne

I am having a similar issue, my van died on me at 60mph, and fuse 16 is blown, I replaced the fuse and my van will start but within a few seconds it blows the #16 fuse and dies..

Top Bottom