PDA

View Full Version : 07 stereo harness

Sprinter Jim
05-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I got a new Pioneer for Christmas in 07 and never installed it in my 2007 2500. Now the harness and dash kit are available and I am going to try again. I have not found a wiring color code for 07 yet and I found the harness does not have a hot always 12 volt wire. My stereo now works only when the engine is off after the dash light goes out. I thought I better ask some advice before I go further and bungle things up. I switched radio on my 06 Sprinter and it was a cinch. It seems that everything is a little more difficult with the 07 from fuel consumption to accessary installs.
I searched the forum and found 06 wiring info, but the color codes are different for 07. Thanks
Jim

OrioN
05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Can you tell me where you purchased you kits?

Also, if no one here responds to your inquiry, call the folks at Pleasureway Vans as they replace the stock radio on each conversion and are very friendly to talk to.

Sprinter Jim
05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
sure,
You can order from Scosche at www.scosche.com or a local stereo shop that carries them. I also found that Metra carries a harness that they say has the extra wire. Too late for me. Scosche prices tend to be lower, but Metra is in more chain stores. Thanks for the tip. I hate to bother a business when I'm not buying, but might have to.
Jim

OrioN
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I spoke with Pleasureway last summer regarding the 07 conversions they were just designing and readying for the fall debut. I was straight up about me doing my own conversion and wanted to know what shower/floor pan they were using for theirs. The guy was so laid back and chatted me up for over 30 minutes about many things... I called RoadTrek once for similar reasons (windows?), opposite responce, I won't dial that number ever again!