118 Cargo hitch question

crankshaft

I bought a factory Trailer hitch for my 118" cargo, but it didnt have any directions and the dealer is clueless.
I was able to bolt the hitch to the two frame rails using the included bolts and backing plates, but the angle brackets that were supplied don't line up with anything under the van. Are the 8 fasteners in the frame rails enough, or do I have the wrong hitch? Supposedly, its the really heavy duty hitch thats over $400 but they cut me a deal.

Thanks!

My 2004 140 2500 Hidden Hitch rated 5,000# capacity only uses the 8 frame bolts into the factory holes. It didn't come with any additional brackets. Hope this helps.
I bought a factory Trailer hitch for my 118" cargo, but it didnt have any directions and the dealer is clueless.
I was able to bolt the hitch to the two frame rails using the included bolts and backing plates, but the angle brackets that were supplied don't line up with anything under the van. Are the 8 fasteners in the frame rails enough, or do I have the wrong hitch? Supposedly, its the really heavy duty hitch thats over $400 but they cut me a deal.

Thanks!

Top Bottom