checking for black death

roskomd

So after reading on the forum about injector problems, wanted to check mine. Injectors are under the black cover- looks like its held by 6 allen heads- 2 pass, 4 drivers side. Looks like a duffer like me should be able to remove prety straightforwardly - but are there any surprises lurking that need to be disconnected too so I dont screw it up? thanks to all

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
If you're just looking for black death lifting off the cover is all there is. If you want to do a leak off test it is a little more work but still rather easy. The hardest part is not losing those injector clips. I used this thread as a guide: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17149

Or......

Just start the van and spray each injector with a little soapy water. They will bubble or spay the water off if there is a leak:thumbup: Takes less than 1 second per injector and zero tools:thumbup:

Just like checking a bicycle tube for an air leak.

roskomd

well got the cover off this weekend- for the record there are 3 screws on the pass side. Was very please to see everything looked nice & clean underneath after 10 yrs of service. Also was nice to use my 5mm allen head socket I bought back in the 80s to work on my yamaha SR500- never get rid of a tool! thanks again

Top Bottom