2005 egr connector

FL05Rustbucket

I have an 05 with a pretty heavily corroded EGR connector. (Cable side, not on the EGR, EGR replaced six months ago.) Dealer says it is not sold separately, but is part of a $800 harness.

I'm going to give it a through cleaning today just to keep it running but I would like to replace it.

Anyone have an idea where I could find a new one besides for the local junkyard?
Thanks!

sailquik

FL05Rustbucket,
Does the connector have a part number on it?
There is a function in the epc.startekinfo system that ID's quite a few connectors.
You would have to ID the pins as well, but with a new connector shell and new pins
you should be able to cut the wires back slightly and re pin/ re install the ECR connector.
Or... as you suggest...visit the local breakers yard and get a clean used connector.
Roger

lindenengineering

I have an 05 with a pretty heavily corroded EGR connector. (Cable side, not on the EGR, EGR replaced six months ago.) Dealer says it is not sold separately, but is part of a $800 harness.

I'm going to give it a through cleaning today just to keep it running but I would like to replace it.

Anyone have an idea where I could find a new one besides for the local junkyard?
Thanks!
Which Dealer?
If Dodge forget it! --MB system should have parts.
I have purchased the socket and the connector pigtails for many parts of the original wiring harness without a problem. You just need a good parts man to find the items you require, simply because the parts catalog bit of a chore to wade through!

If you have no success you can PM me as I have take off harnesses which I use to repair OTHER Sprinters as good parts sources.
Dennis

Top Bottom