Low Pitched Humming Noise With 50% Less Acceleration

fink1741

Sorry for reposting this group but I wanted to reframe it in a different direction because I think everybody thought the discussion in the old post is talked out. The below notes are mine which I copied from the old discussion and paste it into this new post. It talks about the low pitched humming noise that I forgot to mention in my previous post. This low pitched humming noise only occurs when I have 50% less power. Please let me know what you think the low pitch humming noise is responsible for.

Thank you

I replaced the orange rubber seal today but the check engine light remains on. One thing I forgot to mention to the group is that I get a low pitch humming noise when I have 50% less power.

Let me go over this in detail.
First of all the black plastic pipe that goes from the air breather to the Turbo intake has always been connected even with the broken rubber seal. With that said, about every second time I start the engine I have 50% less power but always noticed this low pitch humming noise. Whenever I start the engine up and there's no low pitch humming noise I always have 100% full power. Now today when I installed the new orange rubber seal on the Turbo intake I noticed when starting the engine the low pitch humming noise was present. Even though I noticed the noise was coming from the driver's side of the engine it was even more noisier when I put my ear near the exhaust pipe at the back of the Sprinter.

So my question is, does anybody know what is creating this low pitch humming noise and if so is there a part I can replace on my own?

It's also very funny that this low pitched noise all started when the orange rubber seal broke and air breather pipe came off Turbo intake. Just so I say this now, when the orange rubber seal broke/cracked it was completely intact and there was no chance any of the broken pieces from the seal entered the Turbo. Thanks again and I hope you know what it is.

Thanks again

Top Bottom