Brake and Electronic Stability lights coming on sporadically

jluffman

Soon after I got my used 2005/06 Roadtrek adventurous RS we discovered that the brake pads and rotors needed replacing. My husband replaced them and everything was fine for 3000 miles or so. Then suddenly the anti-lock brake system, electronic brake force distribution, electronic stability program, brake assist system lights came on while driving in town in stop and go traffic. Everything seemed to be working okay but I decided to go back to an auto parts store that I had passed and before I could get there the lights went off. A few hours later when I was driving down the highway the lights came back on and stayed on a few hours. It did not seem to affect anything. I took the van to Autozone and they hooked it up to the on-board computer monitor and said everything looked fine. They said they thought the sensors needed to be replaced. We ordered sensors but the back sensors are different from the front and they had ordered 4 of the front ones. We replaced the front ones but have not replaced the back ones because they said they could not get them. The ones on the back look fine on inspection. The lights continue to come on randomly, usually after driving it for about a hour and then they will just as randomly go out again. The only problem we have had is occasionally we have noticed some pulsating when braking. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution?

jluffman

Thanks for the reply and thread. I took it to the mechanic and it was the right front speed sensor. $483 but all is well now.

Top Bottom