CPC Bumper cover

happymick13

Sprinter Freak
guys, please help me out. i have fallen in love with the van below. i have a 2004 sprinter with the sprintshift gearbox, which was an option on european mercedes sprinters. its kind of half auto and half tiptronic, with no clutch. i have no real mods to it yet except for a stainless steel a-bar. the mercs never came with the rear fender trim like on the dodge, and i desperatly wanna get some for my van. i believe the van below has a rear set on the front too, or was that an optional extra on the dodge? also i have to get one of those bumpers, does anyone know if it is a dodge item, or who makes it? love the site, thanks a lot. Michael from Ireland

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Welcome to the forum Michael
In the photos you have shown , the custom unit is referred to as a Becker conversion I've tried to get an email response to these!Unfortunately no response.
The CPC cover is a different design and to the best of my knowledge they don't export them , or they did not last year, also freight would not be that cheap as it's over the standard 79' for max length for air or surface mail so UPS would send it at how much No idea.
Your request fro rear arch fender benders exist these are on the dual wheel units in The European sector only, you can get them from your local breaker in Ireland.
UK units and German covers also exist but in another format , if your looking for information I'll chase the UK site up for the Bumper covers.
If you live any where near Lismore Castle post a photo of your Sprinter
As I met a young Cailin with the most stunning Emerald eyes, and hair of fire, broke her heart, but then again I can't help myself.
Richard

Irish Sprinter.jpg

Attachments

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
guys, please help me out. i have fallen in love with the van below. i have a 2004 sprinter with the sprintshift gearbox, which was an option on european mercedes sprinters. its kind of half auto and half tiptronic, with no clutch. i have no real mods to it yet except for a stainless steel a-bar. the mercs never came with the rear fender trim like on the dodge, and i desperatly wanna get some for my van. i believe the van below has a rear set on the front too, or was that an optional extra on the dodge? also i have to get one of those bumpers, does anyone know if it is a dodge item, or who makes it? love the site, thanks a lot. Michael from Ireland
No sweat Happy Mick,

That whole effect kit Becker uses is from DEMEC in Finnland...
Crank up your Finnish and point your browser here

they even have the NCV3 with full on effects:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thanks George
That explains the odd email I did get from Becker.
Question is the site is in part English only, can you pinpoint world distribution in English
I just saw three grand going out the door:smilewink:
Richard

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Not so fast Richard...

here's from the Lithuanian challenger Dr Tun (as in TUNING)
with prices here on eBay...thats 2000 Euro for the whole fiberglass and lights package, primed but unpainted

VW anybody? (yes, that's a Sprinter too)

Unfortunately I don't know of any english version of the Demec site, but several Germans have sucessfully ordered by phone...

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
George that's awesome
That section at the back of the sprinter has to be a Loo :laughing:
I just did the conversion plus freight it went past the five grand mark
and it's not cheap at your end either, but the wage rates in Europe are very high,especially when you go up to Austria and Switzerland the only price that remains the same price is a Mc Donald's Burger, so I suppose that justifies the end price,I wonder who's making the Brabus units? I'd be too afraid to ask Mercedes for a price on that one.
Again George thanks for your help on that, I'm sure the members will have something to waggle their sprinter tails over the Sprinter feast coming up.It will be interesting to see who's going to be the first U.S Member to buy a new Sprinter with a modified front like those photos you posted:rad:
Oh well back to dreaming
Richard
brabus_sprinter_03.jpg

brabus_sprinter_05.jpg

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thought some of you guys may be interested, I just had a chat to the UK manufacturer for these bumper units side skirts etc seems there are folk down under prepared to pay the going prices such as eBay so they will send me prices and freight both to USA and Down under maybe discounts are on the Go if I can get a manufacturing distributors re-sell rights.
That luggage rack on the Sprinter is 3400 Euro plus freight one guy I spoke too did not bat an eye lid when I said that can cost as much again in freight!
He said so what! I just spent 120 g's on a van whats another ten ? hell some guys must sure be making the big bucks, but it goes to show every thing is marketable.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Richard,

Keep us posted with any developments......

That front end with the side skirts looks very nice!!!!! Volume buy is the only way we could get a good price.

Cheers,

Tibor

sikwan

06 Tin Can
the mercs never came with the rear fender trim like on the dodge, and i desperatly wanna get some for my van. i believe the van below has a rear set on the front too, or was that an optional extra on the dodge?

The front fender flare looks like it's painted on.

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Everybody loves a mystery! But Altered never says never, ever.
Swedish design made in UK .
The product is not expensive even by my standards
Comes in primer ready for painting
My guess it would need some extra filling to delete ripple effect that Glass gives.
I'm buying one. Ahr' can someone lend me a buck, I'll pay it back next week:D
Richard
Plastic Kit Sprinter.jpg

Attachments

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
How much for the whole package?

Richard, how will you get one down under?

Is this from germany or Sweden?

Cheers,

Therberg

Wow !

I would love to get that body trim kit.

I would even be happy with the headlight trim if shipping was just too high for the whole kit.

We need to find an importer for items only avaible in Europe, I wonder if Steve at http://www.Eurocampers.com my be intrested ?

Tim H

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Dar' Cant you guys read English?
Is it made in Sweden or Germany
UK means England:tongue:

First of nothing is that simple, as I'm negotiating with the company now,
My first two emails were brief but I did not get back one answer I asked for and that was freight by sea air is out of the question due to length and weight.
Two Compliance for DOT same at your end lads they need to have approval its not the bumper or the skirts that has my concern, it's the front bar being compliant.
In Sweden it's fully compliant, in Germany you have to get DOT APPROVAL basically "TO MAKE SURE ITS BOLTED DOWN RIGHT EVEN BOLTS AND SCREWS HAVE A TOLERANCE"
I'm not 100% sure if the manufacturer is the manufacture or a reseller he says he is, to me it's too advanced for an English company , my thoughts are there is a license on the lose for re manufacturing of these, and that makes sense.
If the price is wholesale that;'s fine as the eBay site starts at 2000 Euros
again I'm negotiating , so did the price include VAT sales tax , that's an 17 to 19 % for export paper work has to be sorted out for tax to be deleted , that takes time as well, as it's not a simple exercise as one would think.
There is a price for packaging and shipping still to find out ,OK!
The price I have is for the full kit, I have not asked if its available for MWB units as it's for the LWB unit.
If you look at the schematic part MST_15 it is for the grille center looks like a horseshoe, in fact its a copy of the SLR split grill on Mercedes.
So far the total price is 1659 Euros that is US$ 2188.81 plus freight x = unknown
AU$ 2798.17 freight unknown at the moment.
I can sell these no problems in Australia as we have both Mercedes and Crafters.
I need time to sort it out or you can do it via other sources and pay retail
Just let me know which way you want it to run.
Richard
PS Yes I'm buying it, as it makes the CPC unit look like yesterdays hero.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Is there a link to a UK ebay site?

The only one I saw was german, and then about th design being Swedish, and mnissed the UK part sorry......

Tibor

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Richard...

The UK source of yours is another reseller of the Latvian "Dr Tun" kit... just like the guy on eBay in Germany...

compare the foto with the drawing:

I know for a fact the German guy selling them on eBay goes to Latvia every other month to buy those kits, so it makes sense others have them as well...

Looks like the brits have a better price than the German source but that hardly comes as a shock ;-)

And Richard, you're correct the German TÜV (DOT) is crazy about approvals and plackards and documents for just about anything...

I have excellent first hand experience ;-)

Richard, you got any links to these guys?

Cheers
George

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi George you have me lost! Got any links ? sorry not sure what you meant DOT or ?
I did say I was not sure if the guy manufacturer is the actual maker, my thoughts are they are made UNDER LICENSE.
Honest it takes time to solve how and where anything comes from Glass is not that expensive to make my concerns are finding the standards and if the composite stands up in the event of an accident, WHY GLASS and not carbon Fiber has me at a loss! It's sort of like the headlights thread But we will find out in the end.
Question part number rear section where the cargo doors are MST_10 I think this is 105 Euros but would it be 405 Euros any thoughts.
But you have to give me a little credit I got the price down, being an Aussie we pay dearly for everything so forgive me for being a penny pincher
Richard
UPDATE
George I have the Latvian contact AND COMPANY
PS How do you cross the German wiggles to work on your pc damed if I can do it l T'U'V
yard_01.jpg

shop_02.jpg

shop_06_.jpg

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Guys
Definitely on the right track to Latvia
Note SLR Split grille LT Number plates
Richard
pas_tur_11 (Large).jpg

pas_tur_07 (Large).jpg
Thought Which would you Guys buy if you could afford or want to buy the kits, either CPC or The Euro ones ?
Richard
ScreenShot00008.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom