First 1000 miles on 2014 4-cyl

I've just passed 1000 miles on my new 2014 4 cylinder 2500 cargo van, the break-in period. Do I need to change the oil, i.e. does it have break-in oil? I read the operators manual and the sevice manual and saw no mention of an oil change at 1000 miles. Do I need to do anything until 15,000 miles? Thanks!

pfflyer

Used to do that in the past but from what most say on the forum it is not necessary with newer vehicles.

4wheels

Not at 1000 miles !

My 2014 will arrive in two month and I will NOT keep that black dirty oil in engine for 15000 miles . I will change it at like 7500. Yes dealer says that there is a special oil , but please show it to me on the paper ! So , I believe , there is just Mobil oil and there is no special additives. When oil change was 10000 , dealer was saying - change it at 10000 , because there is some special oil for breaking in . Now , when oil change is 15000 , dealer will say - change it at 15000 miles , because there is a special oil . Show it to me on the paper ! Or lab results.
We all understand that factories are fighting for a longer mileage interval , so they can claim it and say that our truck is better . Competition . A common sense will tell you to not to keep it for 15000 miles . My :2cents:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Break in oil used in my 2007 Sprinter was described as MB 225.6 compliant.

MB 225.6 at this writing, is no longer offered for download at

http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/bevo-sheets-sort1.html

I left the break in oil in place until 9980-something miles.

MB tells us to remove the first factory fill if it's older than a year or two (I forget), so clearly there's some room for head scratching. MB doesn't supply dealerships with MB 225.6 compliant oil so draw your own conclusions about it.

It's your van, do what you think is best.

-Jon

Last edited:

the dude

Just finished 1,000 mile trip to NY fro FL. . 2014 I-4 cyl. performed beautiful . Small issues with cruise control & beeping in computer , but after stopping for fuel & restarting 100% perfect again . Gotta love it .

Top Bottom