pressure valve problem

stealiedan

I had no choice but to get my 2002 freightliner sprinter towed to a Mercedes dealership .
my van wouldn't start. They put it on the Dyno. They said it was a low pressure sensor.
they replaced it. Still won't start. Then the said it was the high pressure pump.
they replaced it. Still won't start . Then they said it was a pressure valve all the way at the end of the
fuel rail. I ran out of time and money at this point. So they took it out to clean it.
Itworked for about a week. They told me eeventually I had to replace it. The part # 611-078-0199
They gave me is does not match up. Any suggestions ?

lindenengineering

Dan
To re-confirm
PT# of repair kit (seals) for pressure reg valve MB# A 014 997 70 45
(Dodge Mopar) 05175439AA.
I will scare you up the CORRECT PT number of the valve in the AM.
Dennis

The part number is A6110780149... This was the first "version" of the solenoid, late '02 and '03's were part number A6110780549. The solenoids are not interchangeable, though I believe that the the whole fuel rail (with corresponding solenoid and sensor attached) is interchangeable. I have an extra solenoid (A6110780149) that I could sell if you were interested. I bought it trying to fix a problem, but mine ended up being the HP fuel pump...

habdala

Does anyone have an insight on how to install the part? (0149977045)

I have two o-rings and two felp washers.

D

Deleted member 50714

I had no choice but to get my 2002 freightliner sprinter towed to a Mercedes dealership .
my van wouldn't start. They put it on the Dyno. They said it was a low pressure sensor.
they replaced it. Still won't start. Then the said it was the high pressure pump.
they replaced it. Still won't start . Then they said it was a pressure valve all the way at the end of the
fuel rail. I ran out of time and money at this point. So they took it out to clean it.
Itworked for about a week. They told me eeventually I had to replace it. The part # 611-078-0199
They gave me is does not match up. Any suggestions ?
Sounds like mechanic malpractice, demand refund!!!

Top Bottom