some front body work on pictures

312d

Hi you all:
i just want to place some pictures about working on a second hand t1n 313cdi (OM 611.981 engine)with 381.000 kms i have now, i have done so much work on it, that seriously i dont know how to start to tell the story i will just put the pictures and if you are interested i will answer your questions.
I am not a profesional mechanic ( i am a lawyer), but i havent paid one in six years, the other day i went to scanner the engine, and paid about 40 USD just to check if everything was ok, because i notice some smoke, they said it was all ok, no errors found, that's why i am going to get my own scanner son.

[img=http://s3.postimg.org/mte3a3fbj/WP_000947.jpg]

[img=http://s22.postimg.org/3r87i7ril/WP_000993.jpg]

312d

i forgot to say it was not only body work beacuse i had to pull off the injectors, because i had to change the aluminium valve cover because it was cracked. i have a video also when i was doing it but i still haven't edited it yet to upload to YouTube.

Last edited:

312d

There was a lot of rust inside the beam, i had to clean all the rust and prime with epoxy, later i put some 3M rust fighter with the flexible wand. All the spot welding i did it with TIG, it came out very well.

312d

....and painted.
Later i will show you my windshield vane repair, not for the heart fainted.
Let me know if you like this.

312d

Here we were stretching out the "A" pillar, i am the one taking the pictures not the guy hammering, he was helping me he is a experienced body painter but i only had his help to to metal working, not on the body filling or painting that i done it almost alone with his advice.
He helped me only the first week, later i had to continue by myself, but he let me stay in his shop working for two weeks more.
He said i was too detailist measuring all three times and more; my goal was to maintain Factory measures, that i had from WIS software.
This kind of work commercially spoken is a failure for him, not worth the time and effort. He told me that he would do this in another way, more fast but not this quality, but my mindset was put not in to be fast, just to be very good or excellent, unfortunatelly i had to compromise somethings later because time had become a factor after two months.
This is the reason customers are not allowed to see the body work, otherwise they will realize how good or bad is the repairing.
I knew this before, thats why i did it myself.
I used a laser lever to level the front upper beam that supports the windshield and a contour gauge to form the pillar complex curves. The plastic bag over the body filler was certainly an excellent approach.

Last edited:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Imagenes de un taller en Chile.:thumbup: Tengo muchos recuerdos de un taller in Vaparaiso. Trabaje alla por un ano hace vente anos pero todavia lo recuerdo con mucho carino.
Tu haces el trabajo con mucha calidad. Bien hecho. Esperamos ver la camioneta como nuevo!

312d

Ahh si, que bueno encontrarnos acá, pero uff! veinte años, no tienes idea de cómo ha cambiado el país. A ver si nos tomamos alguna cerveza algún día. Saludos.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
mmmm. cerveza. dime donde y cuando! Si, imagino que el pais ha cambiado mucho. Me gustaria volver pero ya tengo una esposa y siete hijos.
Saludos amigo. Espero conocerte... algun dia...

Top Bottom