NOx failure - at 300 miles

corvbumz

2014 Silver MB
We picked up our new Silver MB on Monday. Really wanted to start with a short weekend close by, but had family happenings in WI, so took off Thursday morning for the 15-hour drive. One hour into the trip, the check engine light lit up - we pulled into a rest stop just to see if stopping for a short while would help. When we started up again, received the dreaded "10 starts left" warning. Since we just got the rig, wondered if they possibly didn''t fill the DEF, so we headed to the next truck stop (also had a gallon with us.) It took less than a gallon, and gave us "9 starts left." So, cut the trip short and headed back to the dealership near our home.

They diagnosed a bad NOx and replaced in one day. Said it is the seventh one they had seen in the past two weeks! Wonder if Mercedes has a problem?

Might be something to check, if anyone has an imminent delivery.

m>

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
Yikes - not a good start. I picked mine up a week ago today and so far have not had a similar problem (knocking on wood as I write this). I did grab 2.5G of DEF to bring along for my first trip just in case but have made it 950 miles so far without any show stoppers like that. Hope that fix got you back out on the road.

imstilllarry

Had the same issue at 1000 miles. They first upgraded the software then it failed again within 100 miles. Took half a day to diagnose the NOx sensor was bad. They said it didn't show up on the computer, just thought it was low on DEF. Have about 300 more miles without an issue. It sounds like you're right that this could be a defect issue for Sprinter. We're just making a number of shot trips to get all the issues sorted out.

Top Bottom