PDA

View Full Version : Filling the diesel tank

kmessinger
04-27-2008, 08:43 PM
In an effort to keep fairly accurate mileage figures, I want to fill my tank to basically the same place everytime.

Last time I (actually the first time) filled the nozzle clicked off and I did not top off and about 10 minutes out of the statiion the "full" went down 1 bar. Looks like each one is 2.5 gallons.

Can we top off? I see no charcol overflow cannister on the fuel system drawings.

Thanks,

Keith

jdcaples
04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
In an effort to keep fairly accurate mileage figures, I want to fill my tank to basically the same place everytime.

Last time I (actually the first time) filled the nozzle clicked off and I did not top off and about 10 minutes out of the statiion the "full" went down 1 bar. Looks like each one is 2.5 gallons.

Can we top off? I see no charcol overflow cannister on the fuel system drawings.

Thanks,

Keith

I've filled to the neck. I didn't see any fuel on the ground or the neck that leads to the tank.

I did notice that the fuel gauge did not read "full" when I left. I consumed a couple of gallons fuel and eventually, the needle wandered up to the "full" mark.

-Jon

MikeP
04-28-2008, 04:46 AM

Thanks,

Keith
Hi,
We just ask the service guys amount of pumped and jot it down on notebook on doghouse. If have to do self serve, yell amount pumped so Mama can jot it down, otherwise I'm likely to forget amount before getting loaded and transfered in front
That said our truck hardly ever gets a full filling. It kicks pump off about 2 gallons before full. One guy at our regular fill station usually tops it off but most others don't.
Later,
Mike