p1117 code

I have been having issues regarding DEF warning. My scanner gives me a :P1117 component 118/5.
Any advice on what this component is. Thanks

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I have been having issues regarding DEF warning. My scanner gives me a :P1117 component 118/5.
Any advice on what this component is. Thanks
The only place MB provides that level of technical information by subscription to www.sprintertekinfo.com which only available individuals using a credit card with a US billing address. There is also a fairly steep learning curve with www.sprintertekinfo.com as well. You'd want to find component 118/5 using the sprintertekinfo feature, "StarFinder." I forget where DTC info is accessed.

There are aftermarket sources like alldatadiy.com, but I have not personally seen any 2010+ Sprinter technical/service info on that site.

I just know www.alldatadiy.com claims to have 2011 Sprinter info. Their 2007 Sprinter info looks identical to the Dodge Sprinter service info available at www.techauthority.com or on the Service Manual CD for 2007-2009 Sprinters.

-Jon

Last edited:

lindenengineering

This code refers to gasoline engines only '
I refer to my previous posts on this issue.
The only way to access all DEF related codes is by an MB scanner or specialty unit like an Autologic.

The factory programming has locked out generic scanners from accessing the exact code so in short you are not getting a true scan picture.

The latest Snap On program will get into much of the system but it was issues only two weeks ago so not many shops with have that on their tools.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Dennis

Top Bottom