PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt

Lee134
04-10-2014, 01:59 AM
I would like to find a source for engine parts for my 2004 MB Cruiser. I need the timing belt and any other parts that should be replaced. I have been unable to locate a site?

sailquik
04-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Lee134,
Is this a Sprinter based MB Cruiser RV?
You have the OM-647 5 cylinder engine correct?
If so, you have a double row timing chain, no timing belt.
Maybe you are thinking about the serpentine belt which turns all the accessories?
Have you tried EuroParts SD?
http://europarts-sd.com/
They have quite a few engine parts at pretty good pricing.
How many miles on your MB Cruiser?
Hope this helps,
Roger

Lee134
04-10-2014, 11:39 AM
My mistake, your right it's the timing chain, there are 90,000 mi on this MB Cruiser Sprinter based OM-647 5 cylinder. What other parts should I have changed when racing the chain?

sailquik
04-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Lee134,
At 90,000 miles, you would probably still be in the normal 10K oil/filter changes (A Service)....20k more filters, the oil/filter change
and some inspections.
I believe that the transmission fluid/filter/connector should be serviced @ 60k miles, and the rear differential fluid @ 80k miles.
It would be smart to have the brake system flushed somewhere where they can cycle the ABS pump if you haven't done so.
But mainly just the normal services should keep your OM-647 running just fine if you use the Mercedes Benz specified fluids.
At 90k miles, your Sprinter RV is just barely broken in.
Might want to check the Maintenance Manual that came with the vehicle and see what it suggests that has not been done.
Roger

glas1700
04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
My mistake, your right it's the timing chain, there are 90,000 mi on this MB Cruiser Sprinter based OM-647 5 cylinder. What other parts should I have changed when racing the chain?

You don't need to replace your timing chain at 90K miles, only the serpentine belt.

oneranger
06-27-2016, 04:02 AM
Lee134,
At 90,000 miles, you would probably still be in the normal 10K oil/filter changes (A Service)....20k more filters, the oil/filter change
and some inspections.
I believe that the transmission fluid/filter/connector should be serviced @ 60k miles, and the rear differential fluid @ 80k miles.
It would be smart to have the brake system flushed somewhere where they can cycle the ABS pump if you haven't done so.
But mainly just the normal services should keep your OM-647 running just fine if you use the Mercedes Benz specified fluids.
At 90k miles, your Sprinter RV is just barely broken in.
Might want to check the Maintenance Manual that came with the vehicle and see what it suggests that has not been done.
Roger

Transmission @ 80k
flush cooling system at 100k
Rear axel fluid every 4th service
This stuff is all in the service manual which is available free online.