Odd sound just before a shift

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
The sound sounds like its coming from the driveline, but it may be coming from the tranny. Just before the tach reads 2k the sound starts. Sorta sounds like a vibrating. Its different from the RSN, no where near as loud, and doesnt vibrate the van. The T1Ns, when you give it gas, have that hollowish sound to it, this sound sorta amplifies that sound. Its so hard to describe. Tomorrow when its warmer im going to check the tranny fluid level, make sure the dealer put enough in (this was dads idea). Bu also the dealer did put in different tranny fluid then what they were soposed to, and said they did it on 100s of other sprinters. Though the problem started yesterday. So I have no idea... hopefully its just the cold doing its weird trickery to my van.

In the morning, when I start it up (its been cold the last couple days) under the driver seat area almost sounds like a grinding type sound, but only does it the once, at the very start of the day. All the other starts (many many through out the day) no peep, so the cold is doing something ghastly to my van, I know this. Just hope its nothing serious.

Any insight on this, or if anyone knows roughly what im trying to get at (more the hollow high toned rumbling noise) or has had this happen to them before do pipe up and share please.

Thanks.

Top Bottom