Faulty door lock module?

bonobolicious

Help!
I have a 2006 sprinter, 118" high top. A few weeks ago my door locks went all crazy. When I exit the vehicle and press the lock button on my fob the locks lock, then unlock. I press the button again and they lock, then unlock, then lock! Phew! They are acting as if there is a door open, but all the doors are shut. On the dash the lock activator switch shows there is a door open in the rear with a flashing arrow. There is no door open. Every now and again the locks work perfectly, but it's rare. I cleaned off the terminals at the back, no change. What gives? Anyone have a remedy?

surlyoldbill

The wires in my driver door got caught in the check-arm and shredded. Maybe same thing happened to your passenger door?

I've had odd locks for years now; can unlock with fob and switch but not lock. First click on fob does nothing, second click opens passenger doors, third click opens driver (backwards). First click on dash switch unlocks all, but ONLY if the driver door is locked. I just go around and manually lock all the doors, like a grampa's car.
CTM checked out OK with a DAD.

I wish you could just go around an unplug each lock module until you identified the bad one, but as far as I know, you can't.

Top Bottom