10,000 Mile service

Jrmorgan

I'm coming up on 10,000 miles. I have two questions. To maintain my warranty, do I have to go to the dealer to get the service? On average how much have you owners found the dealer service to do the engine oil, Trans, all the filters usually cost?

Thanks as always to you guys!

:idunno::idunno::idunno:

AdvTech

I'm a little over the 20K service on mine and I called some of the dealers in the Dodge Dealers in the OC area and the Avg. price for the 10K service that I'm getting is $550-$600 range, which to me seems quite high. Then I called Frahm Dodge in Norco and they quoted me $330 for the service, I'm at 20K and the mentioned that all I need is Oil/Filter change, Fuel Filter change, and tire rotation. The manual only suggest Oil/Filter and Fuel Filter change at every 10K. The other dealers said that I have to change the air filters and cabin filter as well, which at 20K seems premature, but maybe someone else can has a recommendation? I'm sure an independent mechanic can do these services for much cheaper and better quailty, but I don't know of any Sprinter Mechanics in the LA, So Cal area. If I get anymore info I'll keep ya updated.

AdvTech

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
You can perform the work yourself, and keep receipts of the parts installed and that would suffice in the event any fingers were pointed due to some other occurrence....

kendall69

You can perform the work yourself, and keep receipts of the parts installed and that would suffice in the event any fingers were pointed due to some other occurrence....

I've gone through 2 buy backs from dealers / mfgs.
Yes that's true about the rceipt, BUT if and when you have a dealer/manufacturer dispute, it holds a whole lot more weight when you say " I nor did anyone else touch this vehicle BUT the dealer"

With the receipts they can argue ( and they will) that the receipts prove nothing, it does not prove you actually did the work, it only proves you purchased the oil and filters. Yes I know, but that's what lawyers get paid for. Even if you video taped yourself, they would say the video is manipulated and a fake....and they will.

Using the above statement about never touching it has saved me with dealers several times, once I was charged $800.00 for some works on a vehicle, and I disputed it because the problem they charged me for, should have been caught in the previous service - cased closed they sent me the $800.00

So for me saving a couple hundred bucks isn't worth it for the "protection" of the dealer being the only one touching it.

Certainly shop around to different dealers, and play one against the other. Also you can do what I do. I bring in all my own fluids, and filters and say OK go ahead do the change. I've done it with all my diesels Ford, GM, and now Sprinter.

At a Ford dealer I was charged $15.00 for a diesel 7.3 oil change, with all my fluids. They deducted the price of the filter and oil from their standard $29.00 oil change, and charged ONLY the labor part of the $29.00.

AT the Sprinter dealer they didn't have a problem with my filters and etc, but the questioned my Mobil 1 0-40, as recommended by Mercedes saying it wasn't allowed, yea right. When i proved to them it WAS allowed, they did offer to drain there oil out and put mine in , no worries, I'll bring it in next time.

My point is rather than pay their $60.00 for a fuel filter, I get them on the net, and instead of $45.00 oil filters I get them on the net also, and my oil at Walmart.

mobileoilchange

kendall69
At a Ford dealer I was charged $15.00 for a diesel 7.3 oil change, with all my fluids. They deducted the price of the filter and oil from their standard $29.00 oil change, and charged ONLY the labor part of the $29.00.

are you telling us that the ford dealer does 7.3l powerstroke diesels oil changes for 29.00? and they did it for you at 15.00?

i charge 69.95 for a 7.3l powerstroke full service oil change and that includes....

• 15 quarts of mobil delvac or shell rotella oil.
  • wix oil filter.
  • top off ALL fluids, powersteering, transmission, coolant, brake fluid, washer fluid, transfer case, front and rear differentials.
  • grease chassis.
  • inspect ALL belts, hoses,air filter, All lights (head,turn,brake,back-up, etc), wiper blades, washer squirters, horn, u-joints, exhaust, tie rods, and visual chassis inspection.
  • coolant PH check.
  • correct tire pressure, including spare tire.
  • test battery, starter, and alternator.
  • clean all windows.

all for 69.95 on a powerstroke ford.
but i do the same service on all makes and models of vehicles.
takes me 30-60 minutes depending on the vehicle.

ps. if youre buying oil and fuel filters for your sprinter off the net for what ever amount, why not buy them at NAPA which are made by WIX. I get the oil filters for a deep discount but i think the walk in, everyday joe price is under 10 bucks for the oil filter and something like 28 bucks for the fuel filter. the filters say "made in germany" stampped right on them. they also sell the air filters.

Last edited:

Top Bottom