Alignment -are 02 and 03 the same.

It time for new tires and i want to get my alignment out of the way first. Firestone offers a lifetime alignment for a 2003 sprinter for $169. I have a 2002 and was wondering if everything would be the same for the alignment procedure with an 02 and 03? They do not have 02's in their computer system. I know its the same T1N but just making sure.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
There are spacers on the 2003's that allow for a slightly larger 16 inch tire (for 140 WB and 158 WB) 2500's. Otherwise, the 2002 and 2003 have the same suspension (the FedEx Sprinters have a different spring in the front than regular T1N Sprinters).

surlyoldbill

For some reason, the 2002 doesn't exist in a lot of databases. It is the same van as the 2003 for all I know.

03CDX

I believe that the 2002 isn't in a lot of databases is due to the lower import numbers for that year. I believe that in 02 all of the sprinter's were branded as Frieghtliners on the title and most went to Fedex. Knowing the rust issues with the early T1N's, not that much ever changed, and the fact the most Fedex drivers would have driven the sprinter the same as an box truck or cargo van at the time I don;t think many 2002 are still around and the companies that populate the databases or the local shops just write them in as an 2003 either out of laziness or ignorance that there might actually be differences.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
A lot of databases do not list 2002 Sprinters in North America because they are all Freightliners, and Freightliner is missing from most databases. All of the 2001s in N.A. came in for Expediters to try out, they liked them so much a lot of the 2002s originally started as FedEx, DHL and UPS, or as fleet vans for larger companies. 2003s are in databases because Dodge is a larger brand.

P.S. Yes they are the same for alignments

Last edited:

03CDX

I didn't realize that the vans were in N.A. in 2001. Was it just in Canada or we there some in the U.S. and Mexico as well? I know that even as an 03 the vin for my van brings up different information at the DMV, State Farm and Sprinter Dealer. I would think the sprinter dealer would be the most accurate but I agree with DMV for the sake of not wanting to die the DMV line.

Top Bottom