New Owner observations

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
We're already compiling a short list of warranty items for the dealer. On our first camp-out, we noticed the SeeLevel tank gauges were only registering for the black tank and ignoring the gray. Apparently the sonar gauge indicators were mounted at the incorrect height and weren't reporting the levels correctly. New gauges were ordered. The sliding bathroom door lock didn't line up with the receiving hardware on the wall so we couldn't lock the door, but at least we could shut it. The foot of the electric couch doesn't lift up all the way to match the level of the rest of the couch. Not sure if this is normal. We noticed that the water pump doesn't turn off after briefly running the kitchen faucet. We allowed it to run for a minute but shut it off because we worried about causing damage. Maybe there is an air leak somewhere but we'll have the dealer check it out.

We admit we are newbies and need to commit some serious time to looking at the big instruction manual from LTV. :idunno:

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
This is why I was happy to get the daintily used RV I have as all the initial construction errors have been found and fixed. Not that my Satellite antenna seems to work... But everything else does.

-Randy

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
We're already compiling a short list of warranty items for the dealer. On our first camp-out, we noticed the SeeLevel tank gauges were only registering for the black tank and ignoring the gray. Apparently the sonar gauge indicators were mounted at the incorrect height and weren't reporting the levels correctly. New gauges were ordered. The sliding bathroom door lock didn't line up with the receiving hardware on the wall so we couldn't lock the door, but at least we could shut it. The foot of the electric couch doesn't lift up all the way to match the level of the rest of the couch. Not sure if this is normal. We noticed that the water pump doesn't turn off after briefly running the kitchen faucet. We allowed it to run for a minute but shut it off because we worried about causing damage. Maybe there is an air leak somewhere but we'll have the dealer check it out.

We admit we are newbies and need to commit some serious time to looking at the big instruction manual from LTV. :idunno:
I only have a comment on the grey tank is very big, and unless you took showers, the kitchen sink is its only filler. It'll take a while to show above 0%.

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
The dealer called and the parts are in. Now we're having a problem with the dash air. Lack of cooling. The fan is blowing but the air is barely cool. A fuse problem? Lack of coolant? Will the dealer check it out or will we have to take it to a MBZ dealer for warranty service? We also need to deal with some minor squeaks while on the road, mostly learning the best way to tighten down the adjustable front table and pedestal. The MCD shades rattle a bit. But overall, we love this rig!

Tuktu

2010 Regency GT, Triple E

Did you manage to get the "foot" section of the couch to work right yet? How do you find it for comfort, both sitting and sleeping on. Which couch are you using more, if any, the rear one or the side one?

Thanks

SHane

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Eh? Do you have the A/C button pushed in? You can run the fan independently from the A/C....

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
Did you manage to get the "foot" section of the couch to work right yet? How do you find it for comfort, both sitting and sleeping on. Which couch are you using more, if any, the rear one or the side one?

Thanks

SHane
Strange but the last time I demo'd the electric sofa for a friend, the foot of the sofa leveled out perfectly. Go figure. :thinking:

The ultraleather couch is quite comfortable, both sides.

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
Eh? Do you have the A/C button pushed in? You can run the fan independently from the A/C....
Engine running. The A/C button is pushed with glowing red light. Fan button is pushed with multiple glowing red lights for higher fan speed. Started with temp gauge at 72 degrees per instruction manual. Gradually lowered the temp gauge to 64 degrees with no noticeable change. Am I missing something?

Old Crows

Engine running. The A/C button is pushed with glowing red light. Fan button is pushed with multiple glowing red lights for higher fan speed. Started with temp gauge at 72 degrees per instruction manual. Gradually lowered the temp gauge to 64 degrees with no noticeable change. Am I missing something?
That should do it....Both of my Sprinters had a peculiarity. Occasionally, the A/C would take a couple minutes to begin to work. Turn it on, it blows warmish/coolish for two minutes minutes then it begins to work. No clue as to why it does it... German weirdness?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Low coolant? I live in the most temperate climate in the US. Last summer someone sent a weather map of the WHOLE US in RED with a HUGE arrow to the Bay Area in light blue, we were in the 70's while the entire rest of the country was in the 100s. So when we did our vacation last summer I had NO idea the AC in the Sprinter was not working. But when we hit Phoenix we found out. Both the house AC and the car's went down, the house blew a starter cap, and the dash AC blew tepid temps. Finally just pulled over and had it filled by a mechanic and WOW the difference. It really does work well when it has enough refrigerant.

My previous Sprinter had the same issue so I should have seen it coming. Took the whole summer to find a cheap valve to keep the coolant from leaking. See Mercedes only sells the whole fixture that the schrader valve is in, but my mechanic was able to find an outfit that supplies just a kit of valves and got me fixed for 1/10th the cost of the part from Mercedes or Dodge. Of course it has been winter since the fix, but I will travel again next summer and see how it's holding up.

-Randy

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
If temperature outside is lower than setting in dial, A/C will not turn on... Al

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
It is my understanding that the air conditioner light on means that the air conditioner is off. Opposite from what is normal in other vehicles.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Are you sure? When I bought van I took it to the dealer to have them confirm how it worked. They tested it and said air conditioning was off with light on. Hope you are wrong since I have kept the light on for 5 years thinking air conditioning was off. Does anyone know for sure?

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
It is my understanding that the air conditioner light on means that the air conditioner is off. Opposite from what is normal in other vehicles.
Affirmative , I agree with the aforementioned statement.
German vehicle, :thinking: ...
MB has in my case, ... turning the light off, -- I'll get cool air shortly.

Tiniest of test to establish your case truth.

:laughing:

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
Low coolant? I live in the most temperate climate in the US. Last summer someone sent a weather map of the WHOLE US in RED with a HUGE arrow to the Bay Area in light blue, we were in the 70's while the entire rest of the country was in the 100s. So when we did our vacation last summer I had NO idea the AC in the Sprinter was not working. But when we hit Phoenix we found out. Both the house AC and the car's went down, the house blew a starter cap, and the dash AC blew tepid temps. Finally just pulled over and had it filled by a mechanic and WOW the difference. It really does work well when it has enough refrigerant.

My previous Sprinter had the same issue so I should have seen it coming. Took the whole summer to find a cheap valve to keep the coolant from leaking. See Mercedes only sells the whole fixture that the schrader valve is in, but my mechanic was able to find an outfit that supplies just a kit of valves and got me fixed for 1/10th the cost of the part from Mercedes or Dodge. Of course it has been winter since the fix, but I will travel again next summer and see how it's holding up.

-Randy
If the problem is a coolant leak, what bad luck. Took possession of the new Serenity on a Saturday and the A/C was fine. But driving it the next Monday had no cooling! Wonder if the dealer missed something during prep! :mad:

Old Crows

Not on my 2010 and 2013 chassis.... Good thought!

Oh SHOOT! Weirdness thy name is Benz.... The A/C button has to on (red light) AND the fan has to be ON! Manual suggests 2nd notch.... Maybe more Benz strangeness... Maybe it won't work on the first speed on 2014s???

Last edited:

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
That explains it. I took delivery on 3-26-08 so my indicator light is backwards. Thanks for taking the time to find the explanation.

Top Bottom