Took delivery today

drake123

Of a 2014 ERA 170A. I wasn't home when it was delivered so I'll ask my first question here.

Every 20 seconds or so there's a pretty loud beep or chirp. Can you tell me what it is and what to do to silence it?
Thanks,
Drake

sailquik

Drake,
Key on or off.
Sitting in the driver's seat or not.
Seat belt buckled or not.
Any lights flashing on the dash console?
Is the noise in the cockpit or back in the RV somewhere...like a CO monitor or a smoke alarm with a bad battery?
Hope this helps,
Roger

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Of a 2014 ERA 170A. I wasn't home when it was delivered so I'll ask my first question here.

Every 20 seconds or so there's a pretty loud beep or chirp. Can you tell me what it is and what to do to silence it?
Thanks,
Drake
Sounds like a smoke &/or CO detector with low battery.

House batteries fully charged? Plug your ERA into 'shore' power so the house battery charges.

drake123

This occurs with the key off. I can hear it from outside the vehicle with all the doors closed. No lights on the dash or other control panels.
Hmmm...maybe a bad smoke alarm battery?

drake123

Problem solved

It was the CO monitor. What I did was to reset it by holding the reset button in until it beep beeped. Thanks for the advice pointing in that direction.

drake123

Update: We've taken some short trips and we're enjoying the convenience of the ERA. I do have a question which I haven't been able to find the answer in the manuals.

If I have the volume set normally on the Sirius radio station then when the Nav lady comes on with a road/direction change her decibel level goes through the roof! If I adjust her volume then the radio can't be heard at highway speeds.
I tried setting the Nav volume at 1, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

georgelesley

Update: We've taken some short trips and we're enjoying the convenience of the ERA. I do have a question which I haven't been able to find the answer in the manuals.

If I have the volume set normally on the Sirius radio station then when the Nav lady comes on with a road/direction change her decibel level goes through the roof! If I adjust her volume then the radio can't be heard at highway speeds.
I tried setting the Nav volume at 1, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you have the same unit as our 2013 ERA, go into the basic unit (not gps) settings on the mode screen. There are 3 pages as I recall upper rite corner. Page 2 or 3 go to volume and back it off into negative numbers. Then go into the gps settings and max out the volume. Going back and forth you will eventually find the volume you can live with.

You can also turn down the master control in the GPS settings as well, but everytime you turn off the key and then restart the master volume will reset to ear shattering volume. (don't ask me how I know this). We consider our 2013 infotainment center to be nearly useless and have shut the gps voice completely off and new carry our portable Garmin we have had for years.

drake123

Thank you George. I will try to set it again.
I agree with you that the nav system is much inferior to other systems such as in other vehicles I have. Even "Maps" on my Iphone is better in my opinion.

If you have the infotainment center, press menu then settings then audio and set gps volume.

deborahsheik

Gosh, you guys.
Our 2014 ERA (really 2013) has the Rand McNally GPS and we really like it. Samantha lets us know about curves, speed warnings, tolls, heights, rr crossings, etc.
I do occasionally use my iphone/pad as an alternate, but we've been happy with the Rand MN.
We don't use Sirius, but I do stream Pandora.

drake123

Well today we returned from a trip of about 1800 miles. During that time I got more familiar with the Rand McNally gps. I too streamed Pandora and also "Maps" and Sirius.
Since I do most of the button pushing I like to make things as simple and safe as I can so on the way home I let the Rand Mc do her thing and after figuring out what volume settings were ok it wasn't too bad.
My observation with the system is the screen is (for me) not readable from driving position especially with sun glasses. For younger eyes maybe it's ok. I still haven't figured out how to "Cancel Route" or how to pick up the route after stopping and turning off the engine.

deborahsheik

Cancel route...on your map screen, touch the little gear wheel on the bottom left & that brings you to a page with lots of info and the cancel route function.
Resuming trip...on start up there's an option bar on the left to agree and resume trip.

Top Bottom