Rear step, can you buy the plastic only?

Crush

Unfortunately, even with the backup camera, I backed my new Sprinter into snow piles that were a little too frozen and now you can see stress marks from the steel pushing thru the plastic covering on the factory rear step.

it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if I could buy just the plastic part of the step and not the entire thing.

Also, are there any preferred online parts dealers that you guys order from? Maybe a supporter of the forum that we should be giving business to?

sailquik

Crush,
Can you PM me your VIN # and I'll pull your data card to get your the right part number.
Pretty sure you can buy the plastic step separately, but need to look in the data base for your specific
2014. I'd use mine but I do not have the step.
If you PM me the VIN# and a valid return email, I'll pull your complete build data card and send it to you
as a .PDF attached to an email.
Roger

Crush

Will do, thanks. I have your e-mail in a PM so I will send it there.

With all the other options you got, I'm surprised you didn't get the step!

Last edited:

sailquik

Crush,
For me, the distance from the rear axle centerline to the center of my trailer ball needs to be the shortest distance possible.
I had a 2010 144" wb that towed my trailers really well...but without the trailers it was kinda squirrely.
I needed a little more interior length for a larger Guideboat so I got the 170"" wb.
Same distance from the rear axle to the trailer ball, but so much nicer driving down the the road with the longer wheelbase.
I had a step bumper on my T1N, but it added too much length in the back for trailer towing.
Roger

Top Bottom